l@@K at this con job

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by trading_time, May 11, 2006.

1. No I surely wouldn't consider Fidelity a bucket shop. I never said that firms offering credit cards are bucket shops. I said I would never trade with a firm that did. I just find it to be in not good taste. Although it does have a bucket shop mentality to it

#11     May 12, 2006
  2. Ebo

Ebo

I never said it was particularly "High Class" to offer a credit card, These firms offer this as a convenience.

Do yourself a favor and look up the definition of a bucker shop or read "Reminiscences of a Stock Operator".

#12     May 12, 2006
  3. EBO

I’m very well aware of what a "technical definition" of a bucket shop is. However, the word has taken on a more encompassing meaning since the time of Livermore where the corner store bucketed the trade.

I know that by taking credit cards it doesn’t make a firm a bucket shop by the hard as fast definition. However, it puts me in mind of the “style”.

I understand that institutions such as Fidelity do this as a supposed customer service. However, when I see that a firm offers credit cards I can easily see the corner bucket shop store in the 20’s doing this if they could.

Or if we go back even further how about credit cards for tulips.

#13     May 12, 2006
  4. Charge your way.... to financial freedom......$$

#14     May 12, 2006
  5. Suze Orman would love that one!!

#15     May 12, 2006
  6. EBO - in case you didn’t get that last part do yourself a favor and read:

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds.

On a more serious note:

One of the best reads on futures trading corruption,considering the nature of this thread, I have ever picked up is

Brokers, Bagmen, and Moles: Fraud and Corruption in the Chicago Futures Markets

With e-trading its maybe not as applicable as it was a few years ago but still a great read.

#16     May 14, 2006
  7. siki13

siki13

8. #18     May 14, 2006