KwikPOP

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Yannis, Sep 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JWS11

JWS11

I have been a user of KwikPOP for over a year now and just love it. I trade both the ES and the NQ exclusively with it. Mostly the 1 min and 2 min charts for entries and exits, also looking at 3 min charts for confirmation. Easy to use, good trading results, great support.

#51     Oct 19, 2002
  2. SWJ12

SWJ12

I bought the indicators and diligently followed all the docs and had terrible results with it. Actually, the first week paper trading the system the results were wonderful. I jumped in with both feet and trading real money lost 6 weeks in a row day trading. I should've done more backtesting personally. Definitely my own fault there.

Also, I was rather upset that the system was marketed to me as a fully mechanical method, but it was not. I was also under the impression I could open an account via broker-assist and have the broker trade my account for me. I was willing to invest a modest sum for this test but the broker was no longer using the black box. So apparently it was a black box, but the docs told me it was not a black box but a "set of tools". Very convenient to escape culpability I suppose. Tricky marketing IMHO.

So I tried using the indicators with some of my other day trading mechanical methods as confirming indicators and my results were actually worse!

Throw some prepackaged Metastock oscillators and momentum indicators and you'll get better results.

This is just my experience. Anyone want to buy my kwikpop? PM me I'll sell it to you for 30% what I paid for it.

#52     Oct 20, 2002
  3. The best that can be said for kwikpop is that at least 20% of the useless crap out is a bigger waste of money!!!!!!

#53     Oct 20, 2002
  4. mdmbud

mdmbud

Thanks for the heads up, almost bought this product!

#54     Oct 20, 2002
  5. JayK

JayK

I understand that there are people who like this tool and others who don't.

That's OK, it's a free market.

Now, at the risk of insulting the "nattering nabobs of negativity" :) out there, let me say that I myself, love it, because it has helped me trade well and make $$ for many months.

#55     Oct 20, 2002
  6. dottom

dottom

I wish we would get more reviews from posters who have more than 5-6 posts and who have registered longer than, say, yesterday?

I'm saying that any of the recently registered users who have posted on this thread are not legitimate reviews, just pointing out this very frequently occurring phenomenon. Like everything else related to trading, a healthy dose of skepticism and a rational mind always helps.

P.S. I've always thought for a long time that any vendor who wants to "trick" the ever watchful eye of senior ET readers should simply create fake usernames and make a few posts. Looks like we've evolved from the "1 post" new username to the "5-6 post" new username who registered in the last day or two. Of course, most vendors don't have the diligence to create a fake username and post for a long period of time. When this does happen more frequently, it eventually may be ever so difficult to detect "legitimate" reviews. Such is life with an anonymous message board I suppose. I, for one, would love to see paid subscriptions to further eliminate such problems. Perhaps call the user a "verified member".

#56     Oct 20, 2002
  7. :) I guess I wont boast my opinion, although I have been on for more than a day!

Paid membership would be a good idea.... then we could get rid of all advertisements also!

#57     Oct 20, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.