KwikPOP

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Yannis, Sep 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dottom

dottom

I personally know six people who have attended the TI course and all of them lost money trading in real-time.

If you look at their hypothetical results and apply their subjective method, it is almost impossible to trade all those signals without 20-20 hindsight. The reality is only about 20% of those signals could you have actually taken at the hard right edge, and many of the remaining signals would have resulted in being stopped out.

I call them "con artists" because one of the six I mentioned called to talk to Roger (Afshin's partner) to ask specific questions about trading and the market for that particular day. They claim that Afshin teaches while Roger trades (to circumvent the "if it's so good why don't you trade it?"). My friend asked specific questions about the market that particular day and Roger was bullshitting his way through the entire conversation. Then my friend called him back a second time and feed him false information on purpose. It was a big trend down day with no signals generated, and he asked Roger "did you trade those 3 perfect double bottom signals? We had a tell of a bull move today". Roger responded "I nailed every one of those double bottoms. Three longs, 3 winners. Don't you just love this system?" Roger lied through his teeth and was caught dead red. That's why I call them con artists.

Also, if you see them at any trade show, they way they sell the system smells like a total con job. Ask anyone here who's been to one of the expos. Without knowing anything about how they market their product or its validity, just the trade expo presentation "smells".

Another friend of mine who went to the expo in NY asked them if they trade the system themselves. They said yes. Then he asked if they were willing to produce any broker statements and they immediately skipped to a demo, saying "let me give you a demo of how the system works". In other words, by showing the demo they were hoping to offer proof of effectiveness of the system rather than producing brokerage statements (despite the fact that they trade the system everyday).

Interesting question though- why aren't you continuing to trade the TI method? That's a lot of money to blow on a method...

#31     Oct 15, 2002
  2. Well it seems that the help I was looking for does not exist in this room. I just asked about a certain trading program and all I get is a critique about how bad their website is--(means nothing) and that they don't post past results which also doesn't mean anything.

Like I said--they may be stupid or their software works--there must be something there for them to offer to show it in real time. I have watched it a few days and it has possibilities.

I will not offer any insight on the value of this program until I have watched it for 2 weeks in real time. Perhaps others in this room should do the same rather than criticize blindly.

#32     Oct 15, 2002
  3. Yannis

Yannis

Dottom,

I do trade that method and it has some real advantages - plus it has made me good money, much more that I paid for it.

The trouble with the TI method, imo, is that you have to continuously look closely at the charts and make several observations and calculations in real time. That way, by 2 pm you have a headache.

Not that daytrading stocks is too different - I did that for a year some time ago. But, I was looking for a way to expand my arsenal of techniques.

What I did first is develop a TS module to mechanize much of the TI methodology. Not totally, but more that half of the work is now done by the computer.

Then, I also bought KP because (I still think that) it is the best set of packaged indicators around. My goal is to eventually combine those two together with another good technique I got from Ryan Jones.

It's fun! :)

#33     Oct 15, 2002
  4. dottom

dottom

If you have been profitable trading the TI method, I have six people that would like to talk to you and find out what you are doing different. They all lost money.

#34     Oct 15, 2002
  5. Yannis

Yannis

Dottom,

Feel free to suggest that they contact me here, privately or openly, through a new thread. I'll be glad to share my experiences.

Now I really have to go to dinner - tomorrow :)

#35     Oct 15, 2002
  6. js1257

js1257

dottom evaluate it for yourself, kwikpop that is. This is a kwikpop thread not ti. So if you or your buddies did not likr ti start a new thread OK?

#36     Oct 15, 2002
  7. Once again I want to say that I am very disappointed in the contents of some posts. It appears that some people try to act like experts regarding a certain trading program and they refuse to actually investigate the product. This is my first attempt to participate in a trader chat room and it seems that this is a place to slam products instead of giving credible advice.

Besides Yannis--does anyone have hands on experience (not hypothetical wisdom) with Kwikpop? If not please post your comments in Paltalk or some other place--not here.

#37     Oct 15, 2002
  8. Kwik*POP

Kwik*POP

A friend informed me of your facility as there was some dialogue on Kwik*POP. As the developer of the system, naturally I was curious. I have joined this forum to discuss market opportunities and trading idea's, but, in that comments have been directed towards my product I feel obliged to respond.

Kwik*POP is not a black box system as there will never be a perfect black box system available for sale anywhere. Why would you sell the 'Holy Grail'?

Therefore, given the random nature of these markets, a day trader needs to forget about predicting market turning points and focus more attention on capitalizing on the obvious reality of whats unfolding minute by minute on their screens. The market will reveal the real support and resistance barriers as price/ momentum , volume and ultimately prices reverse direction.

Kwik*POP is not a 'system' in the conventional sense. It is a set of custom indicators designed to accentuate, or visually amplify these turning points. Kwik*POP is a set of tools designed to react to those changes allowing an intelligent trader the opportunity to respond to those changes in a timely manner. Kwik*POP is not a predictive methodology, it's a reactive system.

A comment was made about the quality of our web site. Perhaps some people still believe that a glitzy exterior represents a quality product. We think otherwise. You don't buy the web site...you buy the product.

We let people watch our charts...live... during the trading session. We don't bore you with a lot of sales hype and fancy brochures because we believe the charts speak for themselves. Would you buy a car, sight unseen, based upon what a salesman told you? We ask people to watch our video clips and then watch our charts...live... for several days before they even think about purchasing Kwik*POP. Our live demo is free and there is no obligation to purchase our product. In fact we even provide a free training session for those people that have been watching our charts.

If you're looking for a flashy web site we don't have one. If you're looking for a set of tools designed for serious traders come watch our charts for several days.....SEEING IS BELIEVING

#38     Oct 15, 2002
  9. dottom

dottom

JS1257,

It is a perfectly legitimate exercise to ask questions about a proposed vendor product without having to actually evaluate the product itself. Personally, I prefer meaningful, valid statistical data before I even begin the evaluation process. Others have more time on their hands and will jump on a "free eval" one after another.

Just imagine if "the answer" to all those chatrooms, vendor products, newsletters, hotlines, etc. was "just try the free eval." (You don't just test drive every car on the market. You read relevant consumer reports about performance, safety, etc.)

I think it is 100% legitimate to ask relevant questions about performance, effectiveness, integrity, and any historical or statistical data to make such validation.

If you've read any of my previous posts to ET you will notice that I am always on topic and I try to bring very relevant data to a rational discussion. TI came up as an example of another vendor that provides hypothetical results, as one of the initial KiwkPop topics was the validity/necessity for hypothetical results from a vendor.

Yannis responded with more TI info and I responded in kind.

#39     Oct 15, 2002
  10. dottom

dottom

DayTrader6758,

No offense intended, but you have the profile of an all too common occurrence here on ET. A new username signs up and with their very first post poses an innocent question about a vendor product. Then all the follow-up posts are in support/defense of that vendor.

I'm not saying what you said is necessarily right or wrong- just merely pointing out this very familiar vendor/new user "phenomenon" that we all see on ET too often.

#40     Oct 15, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.