KwikPop

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by jaacobtrader, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Trading is all about probabilities, and the inherent flaw with price derived indicators is the lag effect. The indicator lag effect flaw causes a degradation from observing price/volume ONLY, in relation to the additional variable of time frame selection. Time frame selection alone can have a dramatic affect as to the amount of deviation one has from following the indicator versus following price/volume.

A lagging indicator can actually skew proper observation away from realtime price/volume reality to the indicators arbitrary computational plot (after the candlestick closes). Also, is the indicators "message" more qualified after the closed plot at candlestick completion, or is the indicators gyrations prior to the closed plot more significant?

I am glad to hear the kwikpop indicators enhance YOUR trading style, but who decides what settings the various indicators are set too? What qualifies those "current" chosen settings and why do the kwikpop indicator settings in all these years keep changing (are they not perfect already?)? I am very familiar with kwikpop, grumpy, and several traders that have spent extensive time in the KP room (heck, several traders here in AUS used KP for a while in a trading office I was in......they also after a few months moved on to trading support/resistance levels only).

Don't get me wrong, indicators can be used as a guide or reference point for an already successful trader to help establish entry/exit criteria. Indicators though can't tell you when to "get in" or "get out" in a high probability fashion......that path is a dead end road. :)

BTW, this has been a great and imo civil debate.......I have enjoyed it, so thanks for being of good character and filled with passion for your opinions!!! :cool:

#31     May 30, 2009
  2. Amangod

Amangod

Ahhh you think I am still with Kwikpop, now I get it.. I took what I needed from them 7 years ago.. I don't think they even support MetaStock Professional anymore.. I can tell you right now learning price action was far easier with the tools I took from Kwikpop.. and I still defy you to show lag in that chart.. and don't give me the realtime line again.. it's a 1 minute chart.. If I had an MACD or STOCH up there your point would be valid but what I chose to take from Kwikpop compliments price action and in the case of the trigger is actually faster than classical floor trading methods.. so your blanket statement about lagging indicators is still wrong

I've only heard of grumpy from others who haven't been impressed.. Wayne's fatal flaw has always been he can't trade for nuts and is reliant on others for methodology.. it's why he chose programming.. which was smart because he is one hell of a programmer and created some fantastic tools.. some of which don't lag :p

#32     May 30, 2009
  3. Actually, if you call Wayne he will admit his programmed indicators lag.....:eek:

:)

#33     May 30, 2009
  4. #34     May 30, 2009
  5. Amangod

Amangod

I've called Wayne many times thanks.. and while some of his indicators lag worse than others I chose what fitted into price action.. and until you can point out what is lagging on the chart I posted you are just generalising in the hope of winning the debate without proving your point

I know nothing lags on that chart in the sense you mean because it is pure price action.. you are actually arguing against your own premise :p

#35     May 30, 2009
  6. How can a person see all the known indicator lag on a static chart posted in a forum (a still picture)? The only way to evaluate your question would be to watch a live chart.....:D

#36     May 30, 2009
  7. THANK YOU.....I agree! :eek:

JK.....LOL! :D :p :D

#37     May 30, 2009
  8. Amangod

Amangod

On a 1 minute chart?

Garbage.. come on do you really want to punk out like that? :p

You can't fault the chart because there is no lag..

The entries are clearly defined to the minute.. there is no wriggle room within that 60 seconds.. it either closes above the trigger or doesn't

There is a false signal on the 3rd pullback but it doesn't drop more than a few ticks so you still would have been in the trade when it took off on the 3rd leg

There's nothing too difficult here Chris :p

#38     May 30, 2009
  9. I have already watched KP live so I really don't need to see anything else. I already know the deal as they are just another set of tweaked indicators......nothing more and nothing less. :)

#39     May 30, 2009
  10. Well of course, in a hand picked still shot chart image........now show me some "chop" market screen shots! :eek: :p :D

#40     May 30, 2009