Kwikpop not so good...

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by diego1, Dec 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. traderob

traderob

Dear All,
    New to the board and had given up on software. Have tried (mostly wasted money) on metastock plugins, vantagepoint, tried omnitrader and gave it back and on.
    Still, based on what Yanni said I am going to take the trial on Kwikpop and see if there is anything there.
    Start on tuesday and will post my impressions here.
    One thing that worries me is how much they reveal the methodolgy. I need to know what indicators they a e basing it on otherwise I won't have confidence?
    Does it help on all markets or only a few ?

#11     Dec 14, 2003
  2. What you are requiring is for them essentially to give up their code.

You could then just use e-sig and program the indicators yourself...and cut them out of the loop.

I have subscribed to this thread and interested in what you discover. Thanks for sharing.

Michael B.

#12     Dec 14, 2003
  3. nkhoi

nkhoi

nice vid clips and commentary "bing","bang","ka-boom" when I have time I will try to review the signal.

#13     Dec 14, 2003
  4. nkhoi

nkhoi

the indicators look like a combination of keltner channel, 2 MAs, and MACD histogram, all of unknown param.

#14     Dec 14, 2003
  5. Yannis

Yannis

The KP indicators are mostly proprietary combinations of standard indicators. They will give you the methodology but will not reveal their code, and I don't blame them.

They have a plethora of training material on their websites, mostly video but lots of text as well. Perhaps an overkill - try to focus on some of the latest video clips and their standard trading methodology that Dick can email you.

They also run two HotComm chatrooms for free, one (the more advanced) with subrooms to meet different needs and user interests. That's where they conduct training sessions. They do not give out signals in real time but have the rooms for users to be there every day, discuss the market in real time and aspects of the product, Q&A, etc.

I have found KP to be very useful in a variety of markets and timeframes - but the two that I like the best are the 1-3 min (or similar tick variations) charts for ES and the dailies for ETFs.

One of the main advantages of their eSignal version is the ability to play back the day, or a few days, and see what happened, how to do better, expand your knowledge and feel for the tool, etc.

#15     Dec 14, 2003
  6. traderob

traderob

Nhoi: the indicators look like a combination of keltner channel, 2 MAs, and MACD histogram, all of unknown param.

Yannis:
    KwikPop
    The KP indicators are mostly proprietary combinations of standard indicators. They will give you the methodology but will not reveal their code, and I don't blame them.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++=

Thanks nhoi,
    Yes that is what I thought with just the look at a couple of videos so far. Would you say the same Yannis?
    I certainly wouldnt expect any code,but I need to know roughly what the different lines etc are based on, I just can"t have confidence if an indicator unless I know what it is doing.
    I am actually hoping it is not going to suit me as I use IB with ensign and save a ton on charting fees. If I buy this I would have to pay esignal plus their fee. And that is going to cut into the budget I have put aside for x-trader!
    Of course if KP gives any edge at all then it will have to be part of my arsenal

#16     Dec 14, 2003
  7. As I understand you first need to subscribe to eSignal, right? So how much does it cost you per month? Can you give us an idea?
    Also, do they also lease this stuff monthly for TS or do you have to pay for the whole package at once?

BTW, how did you find Rythm of the Markets. I know someone who is thinks this is a total joke for over $2000, to put it mildly.

TIA.

#17     Dec 14, 2003
  8. Yannis

Yannis

electron,

Yes, you need both eSignal and KP to have the whole package, but you need data from somewhere, right? I had TS7 with KP running on it (costing me a little over $100/month for the data) and recently replaced this combination for the eSignal version of KP (and the eSignal data of course) and stopped TS ---> same money outlay, more or less. About their policy for TS, I am not sure how they do it, I guess they only sell the system outright, but you need to check with Dick to confirm.

Now, about ROM being a joke, when my ancestors in ancient Greece invented the theater, they named "tragedy" a play that ends sadly or seriously, and "comedy" a play with a happy or funny ending. Imo, the Rhythm of the Markets system is not a comedy, or a joke, not by a long shot.

Btw, "electron" is an ancient Greek word too, meaning "the stuff from the sun" (...Windex anyone?)

:)

#18     Dec 14, 2003
  9. Yannis

Yannis

Diego,

Did you see how KP did this past Friday? I counted 13 valid trades, netting about 5.5 pts/contract (when trading 3 contracts.)

With a rather long lunch break and everything, and the phone ringing off the hook, I only managed to catch a little over half of that, but, hey, no complaints here...

:D

#19     Dec 14, 2003
  10. pspr

pspr

Yannis,

Could you post a chart from Friday showing the KP indicators and the trades it would have signaled?

Thanks.

#20     Dec 14, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.