Kweku Adoboli, 31 year old ETF trader held over $2bn rogue trade

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ASusilovic, Sep 15, 2011.

1. It amazes me that no one is watching these trades. If it was a profitable trade would the commission still be good? The branch manager should share a cell with him. Its all a traders fault when it goes bad but when its good who gets the credit.

If they need a real trader they need to spread some money on Elite trader.com they would do better than their internal staff. Sheesh...

#41     Sep 15, 2011
  2. Sometimes you see a trade and you say wow. I like the trending and Im gonna watch it for a few days may be some volitality as they get out the trade and sell at lows. Then it may trend higher. Meat is on the table vultures lets eat. FAZ going long next week.

#42     Sep 15, 2011
  3. Rumor is that it was SMI vs DAX & Estoxx.

#43     Sep 15, 2011
  4. [​IMG]

#44     Sep 15, 2011
  5. I think its pretty funny that some of you think he "stole" $2billion.. how the fuck did he do that? He has $2billion in his bank acct somewhere?

Zero-sum game, so you know someone made a killing off that..

#45     Sep 15, 2011
  6. #46     Sep 15, 2011
  7. so you're planning to vote for obama again then?

#47     Sep 15, 2011
  8. trading off the book is way too much work, just transfer the money directly to your bank account, a lot simpler...

this guy lives across the street from me when he was in jersey, i thought he was gay coz there was always some dude driving with him lol, didnt realize he's legally blind.

#48     Sep 15, 2011
  9. Have a real hard-on for Barry don't you?

#49     Sep 15, 2011
  10. Pigeons get eaten by Vultures watch as the trade becomes a trade. Nobody scams with a bad stock there is news coming that will effect this trade. watch as something is coming that makes this thing pop. FAZ is @ 53 ish its going against the market. Its the last quarter and volatility sends this wildly moving. One Trader computer mistake and this thing runs. Low of 32 high at 80+ Im liking the trade or trying to make money from the demise of this bozo for the hell of it.

#50     Sep 15, 2011