Kurtis and Brenda

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by fhl, Jan 21, 2009.

1. fhl

fhl

KURTIS THE STOCK BOY AND BRENDA THE CHECKOUT GIRL

In a supermarket, Kurtis the stock boy, was busily working when a new voice came over the loud speaker asking for a carry out at register 4. Kurtis was almost finished, and wanted to get some fresh air, and decided to answer the call. As he approached the check-out stand a distant smile caught his eye, the new check-out girl was beautiful. She was an older woman (maybe 26, and he was only 22) and he fell in love.

Later that day, after his shift was over, he waited by the punch clock to find out her name. She came into the break room, smiled softly at him, took her card and punched out, then left. He looked at her card, BRENDA. He walked out only to see her start walking up the road. Next day, he waited outside as she left the supermarket, and offered her a ride home. He looked harmless enough, and she accepted. When he dropped her off, he asked if maybe he could see her again, outside of work. She simply said it wasn't possible.

He pressed and she explained she had two children and she couldn't afford a baby-sitter, so he offered to pay for the baby-sitter. Reluctantly she accepted his offer for a date for the following Saturday. That Saturday night he arrived at her door only to have her tell him that she was unable to go with him. The baby-sitter had called and canceled. To which Kurtis simply said, "Well, let's take the kids with us."

She tried to explain that taking the children was not an option, but again not taking no for an answer, he pressed. Finally Brenda, brought him inside to meet her children. She had an older daughter who was just as cute as a bug, Kurtis thought, then Brenda brought out her son, in a wheelchair. He was born a paraplegic with Down Syndrome.

Kurtis asked Brenda, "I still don't understand why the kids can't come with us?" Brenda was amazed. Most men would run away from a woman with two kids, especially if one had disabilities - just like her first husband and father of her children had done. Kurtis was not ordinary - - - he had a different mindset.

That evening Kurtis and Brenda loaded up the kids, went to dinner and the movies. When her son needed anything Kurtis would take care of him. When he needed to use the restroom, he picked him up out of his wheelchair, took him and brought him back. The kids loved Kurtis. At the end of the evening, Brenda knew this was the man she was going to marry and spend the rest of her life with.

A year later, they were married and Kurtis adopted both of her children. Since then they have added two more kids.

So what happened to Kurtis the stock boy and Brenda the check-out girl? Well, Mr. & Mrs. Kurt Warner now live in Arizona, where he is currently employed as the quarterback of the National Football League Arizona Cardinals, and has his Cardinals in the hunt for a possible appearance in the Super Bowl. Is this a surprise ending, or could you have guessed that he was not an ordinary person?

It should be noted that he also quarterbacked the Rams to Super Bowls XXXIV and XXXVI. The Rams won Super Bowl XXXIV, and Kurt Warner was the Super Bowl's Most Valuable Player. He has also been the NFL's Most Valuable Player twice.

2. Karyn Johnson, aged 15, living in Harlem, being poor & ugly, was a fine example of 'loser.' With a baby daughter, no husband, she had to go on welfare, although she hated the idea. She and her child had to eat. This young teen mother, not even old enough to drive, became a drug addict. She did unspeakable things to get drugs, often with her daughter present. It got so bad that they both ate out of garbage cans.

Five long years of welfare. Finally put the kid into daycare, and got a job putting makeup on people in a local playhouse. Didn't take too long to lose the job.

Got another job putting makeup on people in a funeral home. Ghastly work, but she was hungry, and determined to make it on her own. Lost that job, too. Karyn talked to her 5-yr old daughter, and said, "Honey, let's start a fresh life, changing everything." She began simply enough: taking a step EVERY day.

They moved out of NY, and started again. Three years -- just about one thousand days -- later, after taking just about 1000 more steps than you, she repaid NY City's Welfare Dep't every penny she had accepted. Karyn Johnson had the same tool as you: a decision to ask better questions, and take at least one step every day. Period. She tapped into the amazing power of NOW. It's the reason why, after she became the highest-paid woman in Hollywood, you might have recognized the new name she adopted... Whoopi. She simply asked better questions, and produced better answers. What about you?

3. Willie Jackson grew up in the poorest of Detroit slums. He had a normal child-hood, full of the things that kids do in the inner city.After finally reaching high school Willie one day found out he was different. It happened at the end of Gym class when for the first time he had to shower with the other boys.

Word quickly spread about Willie's freakish quality, and he became quite the sensation with the young ladies and even a few female teachers. Willie was soon expelled from school after a substitute teacher had to be rushed to the hospital with a ruptered upper intestine.

Now on the street Willie one day witnessed a dangerous situation. The automatic railroad crossing bar had malfunctioned and a fast moving train was within sight. After a quick toss, Willie stood next to the broken crossing bar, and swung that big dong across the road. His quick thinking stopped the traffic and saved many lives .

News of this quickly spread and soon he was a big hit in the adult film business. After thousands of movies his fame is now wordwide. You may of seen him at Tuesday's Innauguration. Someone stole the 6th canon for the 21 gun salute . Willie quickly saved the day by subbing for that canon.

In case you havent figured it out yet, Willie's stage name is the legendary "Long Dong Silver".

Rennick out:cool:

4. bronks

bronks

Good job crapping all over what might have been an inspirational thread.

5. r-in

r-in

Yea, I suppose he did, but it sure heck made me laugh my ass off. Now I'm wide awake and ready to get to work, all without coffee. Could I get a stirring story like this every morning please? :D

6. I thought it was inspiring, STFU!

:eek:

7. bronks

bronks

Is this the part where I say "No, you STFU." then you say "F. U." then I say "F.U. too!" then you say...

8. Actually I was going to call you a moron.

9. bronks

bronks

Took a little bit longer but nevertheless, you were right on cue.

Blowhards always have to get the last word in, so be my guest. I'm sure you won't disappoint.

10. This is interesting.

I was expecting a small "incident" with my daughter"s, boyfriend's father.

I went over to talk to the father at his house and as I composed myself one last time before knocking on the door. I thought to myself I will stay and talk and LISTEN until he's tell me "Fuck You".

I knew he would because I'm an irritating prick and when he would say the magic words, I would leave.

We had our conversation and he said "Fuck You". I told him he did very well, I expected him to say that much sooner and said good bye.

I was laughing my ass off and frankly felt pretty good. I never swear at anybody, I like for them to swear at me.

#10     Jan 23, 2009