Kudzu coming north: Why? Global Warming

Discussion in 'Politics' started by RCG Trader, May 12, 2013.

1. One star thread??

lol, I do it because I am not some redneck with the mind of a third grader:D :D

#41     May 13, 2013
  2. pspr

pspr

So, you are saying you are a relative 1st grader? I concur.

#42     May 13, 2013
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

I did not ask WHY you do it, I asked HOW do you do it.

#43     May 13, 2013
  4. Under a "business as usual" scenario, where greenhouse gas emissions aren't significantly reduced, about 50 percent of plants and one-third of animals are likely to vanish from half of the places they are now found by 2080, said Rachel Warren, a researcher at the University of East Anglia in England. These losses could lead to local extinctions of species.
    In the study, published online today (May 12) in the journal Nature Climate Change, researchers looked at the likely effects of global warming on 50,000 different species around the world. The study used a computer model that calculated the desired climatic zone that these plants and animals live in, and analyzed how these zones, and the organisms' accompanying ranges, are likely to shift in the future, Warren told OurAmazingPlanet. [8 Ways Global Warming is Already Changing the World]
    In many cases these shifts are likely to cause extinctions, as warming temperatures force animals and plants to move to points beyond which they cannot go, such as up mountaintops and toward coastlines into the ocean, Warren said.
    However, plants and animals with limited ranges were intentionally excluded from this study, because the goal was to gauge climate change's effects on common species, Warren said. In other words, if you include total extinctions — which this study did not — the impact of climate change on global biodiversity looks even worse.

http://news.yahoo.com/brink-climate-change-endangers-common-species-170258882.html

#44     May 13, 2013
  5. Ah yes as if my IQ is specifically relevant to a discussion of those 2 graphs.

here's a hint: it isn't.

#45     May 13, 2013
  6. So does this post mean you've given up trying to refute these IQ distributions?

I think it does a fine job of illustrating a strong potential factor driving a lot of problems we have today.
    [​IMG]

#46     May 13, 2013
  7. Ricter

Ricter

He's stuck in high school, so the stars mean a lot to him.

#47     May 13, 2013
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

Still talking about those on your ignore list eh, coward.

#48     May 13, 2013
  9. pspr

pspr

When was the last time you started a thread, Rectum? You always get a single star yourself when you do.

I sort of look at it as a vote from the readers as to the validity of the OP. One star means it is a crock of shit. :D

#49     May 13, 2013