Kudlows goldilocks economy.....

Discussion in 'Trading' started by S2007S, Jun 20, 2008.

1. So much "Gloom & Doom" here on ET.
    It's as if America doesn't have one single technological advantage to stand on.

It's amazing that Americans even get out of bed in the morning to go to work . . . and all of this in what is called the "Trading Forum".

Some of you "observers" make me laugh.
    You really do.

#41     Jun 22, 2008
  2. Day while others here have a VESTED interest in what goes in in our economy and our markets, I get the sense you are an overgrown child with no tangible risk involved. Others give salient reasons for why our economy is teetering at the moment, you come back with something completely ridiculous..You have ZERO cred on this site, actually less than zero...You are a true poser, why not cut your losses and just go away...The simple fact that you actually thought ANYONE would believe you trade for a fund proves my point in spades....You started out as day#### and you will always be day####, you are not fooling anyone dude.

#42     Jun 22, 2008
  3. Waggie, quite frankly i'm surprised at your post...As buy lo said, show us the nex BIG thing..We as a country have devalued alot more than our assets over the last 10-20 years, and it seems to be getting worse by the moment...I am a trader, pure and simple, the trend is and has been lower for sometime...If and when that changes I will change with it...I have tried to catch bottoms, that is a fools game just as trying to pick a top was in '99...It all evens out in the long run. For anyone out there who thinks we are not in a recession, please tell me how the new prez is going to have a cakewalk to better things in 1/09...I eagerly await your input, to try and sway my thoughts.

#43     Jun 22, 2008
  4. Never said I scalp. I aim for 10 to 20 NQ, or $5 in gold for example. Several times per day. I am making money in down markets when you are getting your ass kicked, and in up markets.

I bet I make 5 times what you do, assuming you make anything at all. I've been full time for 21 years now. I doubt you are 21 years old.

Care to swap tax returns asshole.

#44     Jun 22, 2008
  5. He definitely embellishes, but he is spot on. He is one of the most acclaimed economists there is. His main problem is he is always too early, but usually correct. Show me another economist that comes close to his accuracy.

Case in point, the housing bubble and sub prime implosion. Roubini was calling for this beginning in 2005, while most economists were not admitting to it until well AFTER it happened. What good is that?

#45     Jun 22, 2008
  6. nitro

nitro

"It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future." - Yogi Berra

nitro

#46     Jun 22, 2008
  7. Good post.

#47     Jun 22, 2008
  8. kashirin

kashirin

Actually US is a great country. It just need to shrink its consumer economy - probably it will send GDP down 20-30%.
    And stop wars and military and government spending - another 20-30% GDP shrink
    It would be also nice to get rid of the Fed and implement gold standard

Maybe it looks like double great depression but if it's done

US can just become rich from its agriculture and high productivity in this field, space technologies, entertainment and movies, science, tourism and many other fields where US is the leader

#48     Jun 22, 2008

9. US are moving ahead, economy is limping on its way, and things are doing much better after Fed rate cuts and stimulus package.

At least I don’t project things are going to be bad forever, your constant obsession with pessimism and utter doom and gloom is back to the levels of January and February.

Just remember real estate never dies. One day these fence sitters will wake up and stampede each other buying homes.
    Things will be too late for them as usual and multiple offers and skyrocketing price will prevail. How long can you hold back your needs? 2-4 years is the maximum they can and that’s what I have seen.

#49     Jun 22, 2008
  10. Another good post.

#50     Jun 22, 2008