Kudlows goldilocks economy.....

Discussion in 'Trading' started by S2007S, Jun 20, 2008.

1. This the end for you. Go buy a nylon rope and a plastic stool from HOME DEPOT and check into a $ 20 motel room and that should do it..

#21     Jun 21, 2008

2. Yiou have been in a depression, that my friend needs a trip to the high walled compound and white coats.

#22     Jun 21, 2008
  3. greddy

greddy

Maybe the game is tied, and we are headed for 10 more innings
    of pure hell.

Cramer said a few months ago that financials and housing has
    bottomed. Yeah, right.

Bernanke said that slowing economy should ease inflation
    concerns. Hmmm, that did not work out either. Instead,
    oil and commodities are in orbit.

Good thing these guys are not baseball players, since their
    batting average is close to .100

#23     Jun 21, 2008
  4. Whoever made that chart should take 'Accounting 101'. What on earth does cash minus liabilities show? By that definition the entire SP500 is bankrupt.

Houshold networth is what you want to look at

[​IMG]

Q1 2008 saw a $1.7 trillion drop in networth. (http://money.cnn.com/2008/06/05/news/economy/fundflows/)

#24     Jun 21, 2008
  5. Hmmm I just watched this segment titled 'Recession vs. Recovery' from Friday's show. It felt to me that Kudlow is very balanced and trying to show the viewer the potential scenarios of the coming 6-12 months the bond, credit derivative and stock markets tell right now.

Good balanced discussion round, covering the entire spectrum from pessimistic to optimistic:

http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232?video=775293990&play=1

I don't think one has to agree with everything that's said on Kudlow but it is still is well-presented information including TED spread for banking stress and CDX North America for default risk.

Not sure how this is 'hyping up the market'.

#25     Jun 21, 2008
  6. jayford, i agree with all the points you have outlined and up until 2 months ago i would have backed the thesis; but now i may be getting slightly bullish. for me, i have been at this for 20 yrs and pretty much was weaned on the s & l crisis which hit us hard. one of our businesses is in the construction industry(nice sized) and as the credit crisis hit last year we plummeted; but in the last few months things have reversed so strong to a back log through the end of 08. honestly, i truly believed a minimum of 3 years of rock bottom; but i cannot deny the traffic and spending i am witnessing. i kinda wanted a real estate crash to cleanse the excesses and people who never deserved sucess; but again, i am seeing light here.

another thing i cannot believe is the fact that you would even consider trying to reason with that freak hft/day, etc! i still hope he has been trying to put us all on with his bizarre rants; if not, i feel bad for any human or animal that must share personal space with him.

lastly, makloda, your even tempered analysis is appreciated by me. nice work.

#26     Jun 21, 2008
  7. I'm a day trader. I could care less. I make money either direction. Just calling the economy as I see it (as the VAST majority of credible economists see it).

Hedge, you truly are an impressive moron.

#27     Jun 21, 2008
  8. And how does watching CNBC help you make money?

#28     Jun 21, 2008
  9. You guys should listen to Roubini at RGE monitor. He has no vested interest in his calls except to prepare his clients for what is around the corner. This guy is good.

What does he say?

We are in about the third inning of the credit crisis, and its going to spread to consumer loans (credit cards) which are at a ridiculous debt level never before even contemplated. This is based on disposable income percentages, so inflation and GDP growth do not skew the numbers. Its UGLY. Continued job losses, according to Roubini, are going to bring a tidal wave of credit card defaults, which are already growing.

The economy is 70% based on the consumer.

#29     Jun 21, 2008
  10. hey jay..i agree with you; yet i see what i should not. for the past 15 yrs of housing expansion most of the money has come from home equity loans and easy first mortgages. now that has dried up , where will the financing come from? maybe what i am seeing is a dead cat bounce?

#30     Jun 21, 2008