Kudlow is an idiot....

Discussion in 'Trading' started by cszulc, Sep 7, 2007.

1. cszulc

cszulc

Says the Fed should've cut 50 basis points this morning after the jobs report. Idiot, they can't be running to every bad headline and government report.

I don't think the Fed should cut that soon (meaning today), but I think they will be cutting at least 50 points on the 18th.

2. He's Mr. goldilox economy permabull monkey.

I don't know who is worse, him or Cramer?

3. You remember when it was Kudlow and Cramer?

4. of course kudlow is a permabull.

he waltzes out of the studio with his multi-million dollar contract, gets into his bmw or lexus, has the driver take him to his fully paid off connecticut or new york home and his house staff is there waiting to ask him what he would like prepared for dinner.

his life has about as much in common with ordinary people as a flea.

his daily drumbeat for the fed to act, one way or another, is not just inappropriate, it's dangerous.

his total disregard for the relative value of the dollar i find particularly shocking. now he is promulgating this fantasy that, should the fed cut, the dollar will rise. he is Mr. Roarke on his own private Fantasy Island.

and the logic of him saying repeatedly that it is "the greatest story never told," when he is there five days a week pounding away at that story, just totally escapes me.

5. Yes and I hate CNBC cheerleaders.

Yes, he lives in fantasy land. Fed cuts and dollar goes up????????

6. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

The Fed should raise rates if anything, but the best course of action would just be to leave them alone. Instead the WallStreet/Washington DC Mafia is going continue to provide excess liquidity to the market and a rate cut. We will see hyperinflation.

The fed has forgotten what their job is, they are no longer trying to be ahead of anything. They are simply trend followers who do what "the markets" tell them to do. This is not always what they should do, but the relationship between Wall Street and the top Economic officials in Washington is that they are one in the same anymore, so the Fed cares about Wall St, and they don't give a damn about Mainstreet. Anyone with open eyes can and does see this, but there is very little we can do about it. Our entire society has become corrupted by a short term what's in it for me greedy mentality. The Fed is only place we see it, but they might cause one of the biggest messes.

If/when Putin/Russia decides to stop pricing their Oil in USD, holding Greenbacks will make as much sense as holding Argintine Peso's, probably less.

Brandon

7. I agree completely. Wall St. has the FED by the balls.

8. The simplest solution for the Fed to help out with the credit crisis is to inflate the currency and make debt worth less. If debt is worth less, than it can more easily be paid off.

The downside of this is that the people who don't have debt and are holding on to bonds or T-bills or money market funds are going to get screwed. The savers are going to be punished by the Fed's actions, and the hedge funds and excessive borrowers will get rescued.

9. EPrado

EPrado

Kudlow is an idiot ..no doubt. A perma bull who whines whenever we sell off. I am suprised that CNBC has the former coke-head/jailbird on. That being said that putz Jack Beroushian from The SP Pit is much worse. Right after the number this morning he was boasting that the horrible number was EXACTLY what the mkt wanted...that we would rally big today. Great call idiot. He doesnt understand that a horrible economy/recession is not good. Pretty basic stuff.....sure we will get rate cuts...but the reason for them is very bearish. I am curious what he does down in the pit. All he is really qualified to do is sweep the pit and clean up after the bell rings.

10. Quote from Brandonf:

The Fed should raise rates if anything, but the best course of action would just be to leave them alone. Instead the WallStreet/Washington DC Mafia is going continue to provide excess liquidity to the market and a rate cut. We will see hyperinflation.

The fed has forgotten what their job is, they are no longer trying to be ahead of anything. They are simply trend followers who do what "the markets" tell them to do. This is not always what they should do, but the relationship between Wall Street and the top Economic officials in Washington is that they are one in the same anymore, so the Fed cares about Wall St, and they don't give a damn about Mainstreet. Anyone with open eyes can and does see this, but there is very little we can do about it. Our entire society has become corrupted by a short term what's in it for me greedy mentality. The Fed is only place we see it, but they might cause one of the biggest messes.

If/when Putin/Russia decides to stop pricing their Oil in USD, holding Greenbacks will make as much sense as holding Argintine Peso's, probably less.

Brandon

Great post Brandon ! you hit it RIGHT on the head ! loser jake

#10     Sep 7, 2007