Kudlow Calls For 50 BPS Rate Cut!

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Stockolio, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Oh geez...is Larry back on the coke?

ET180, constitutionman and Stockolio like this.
  2. Clubber Lang and nooby_mcnoob like this.
  3. SteveM

SteveM

Tax cuts blowing up in their faces with the skyrocketing deficits.....now want the middle class to pay for it by depriving them of the interest rates they should be earning on their cash.

4. this happens when the TV personality cults like Kudlow becoming the economic advisers. he is supporting the new douchebag, Stephen Moore. buncha crooks.

5. ET180

ET180

Wait...hold on a second...I thought we were a long-way from neutral rates last October:

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/03/powell-says-were-a-long-way-from-neutral-on-interest-rates.html

And more recently, I thought the economy was strong:

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/12/fed...n-spreading-benefits-of-a-strong-economy.html

So we have a strong economy, but need to cut rates? Could it be because debt has reached an unsustainable level and cannot tolerate any kind of normalization? I want a real market. Not a market continuously propped up by the Fed and central banks.

Clubber Lang likes this.
  6. Either Kudlow and the crew are shorting the dollar or they have non liquid assets in a EM thats seing outflow of capital accelerating... If the dollar gets any stronger, some EM will have trouble paying back short term debt... It makes no sense what they just did, this is even worst then the munchkin calling Dimon in December asking about liquidity problems for Banks and leaking it to media

7. RedDuke

RedDuke

The rally and "prosperity" was fully debt induced, and the wakeup will not be fun unfortunately.

8. ET180

ET180

I agree...but how long can the world powers postpone it? Maybe we'll all be dead when the day of reckoning finally arrives.

9. RedDuke

RedDuke

No one knows of course, my guess is within few years. I think the catalyst will be China, debt levels and cross guarantees there are insane.

#10     Mar 30, 2019