Krugman vs. the Poor

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Max E., Apr 9, 2012.

1. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Its the reason Soros and others are so heavily invested in Gold and Silver. They don't have confidence in the Dollar as a stable currency given the printing and borrowing that is occuring.

Over the last few months I've been giving alot of thought to selling my physical silver. Even with the spread I would make a significant profit. Also I'm emigrating and can't take it with me.

But I'm starting to think that precious metals are only going to go higher and that I should hang onto my silver and even add to my position. I don't see economic policies being promoted that are going to reverse the trend. Our government refuses to regulate the economy and the fed has basically said that interest rates will remain artificially low for years to come. I may just pony up for one of those large safety deposit containers found in some banks in Century City and the west-side. They aren't cheap but at some point the numbers make sense. Gold is easier to store but I just like silver for some reason.

#21     Apr 9, 2012
  2. You know. If one were to think about this statement, and one were rational, one would be inclined to think this statement is pretty absurd. And one would be right.

#22     Apr 9, 2012
  3. You are right for once: krugman IS absurd.

#23     Apr 9, 2012
  4. You just figured this out? :confused: :eek: :D

#24     Apr 9, 2012
  5. It's what Thunderpussy-->Gayfly-->brASS does best!

#25     Apr 9, 2012
  6. I say it takes TALENT to be that stupid.

#26     Apr 9, 2012
  7. I think it's passed down from generation to generation.

#27     Apr 9, 2012
  8. achilles28

achilles28

Keynesian's only have one tool in their box: inflation. The F.I.R.E. sector (financial, insurance and real estate) comprises 25%+ of GDP and needs inflationary monetary policies to remain solvent. A deflationary environment would tank hard asset prices (equities and real estate), and trigger a blackswan event for many insurers who underwrite financial assets, derivatives, and the performance of mortgage-back securities... So the private banks who own the Federal Reserve System and appoint 5 of the 7 voting members to the FOMC, have a vested interest in keeping our system propped up with cheap credit. Enter stooges like Krugman and Robert Riech - products of liberal indoctrination factories - who shill for Keynesian policies. More inflation, not less! The frightening thing about all this is despite employment effectively treading water, we're in a highly inflationary environment evidenced by the deficit and all the QE. In essence, the 1.5 trillion dollar per year deficit and ~600 billion per year QE has kept the economy at breakeven. That means if all this inflationary stimulus were removed, the economy is deficient by at least 15% GDP (3 *times* the '08-'09 peak-to-trough). Then we'd get the collapse in FIRE and consumer spending from a tanked stock and real estate market (ie, the "wealth effect", in reverse)... We're really up shit creek and haven't left. All this is why Bernacke will print no matter who says what, even if the dollars value breaks and we get capital flight out of treasuries. And that's closer than most people think. Look at Greece, Italy and Portugal. Hang on to that silver and gold....

#28     Apr 9, 2012
  9. Brass

Brass

Ask the OP first. In fact, don't change a single word when you do.

#29     Apr 10, 2012
  10. jem

jem

Keynes had another tool. He said lower taxes and let the economy grow into creating higher revenues in times of crisis. he was the first supply sider.

Krugman is not only idiot, he is a propagandist.

#30     Apr 10, 2012