Krugman: Rich people are assholes and hypocrites.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by MohdSalleh, Sep 23, 2010.

1. so nobody who rents can vote?

based on your test how many elderly tea party morons on ss and medicare who get up at the meetings and tell politicians to keep the government out of medicine could vote?

we have a tea party republican running in my state. she rails against government spending. she is a farmer. she has collected over 3 million in farm subsidies in 10 years.

#31     Sep 23, 2010
  2. Maybe.
    But poor people are even worse.
    Poor people suck.

#32     Sep 23, 2010
  3. dtan1e

dtan1e

k, since u guys started this, the ahole and hypos ordered from worse downwards: ben bernanke, obama, warren buffet, pimps

#33     Sep 23, 2010

4. The funny thing is, none of it is really his "fault". The US banana republic was already FUBAR before he even stepped inside the white house.

The US is in a very, very sorry condition. NOTHING gets done. WTC takes 15 YEARS to rebuild. What happened to drive for alternative energy? Where are the solar and wind farms? Where? The UK just built a huge offshore wind farm. Same with Germany. Try doing any shit in America...

No, no, "not in my back yard"!!!
    Ohhhh, you're going to kill the 20 diamond-back rattlesnakes to do that project!

Instead, the retards spend their time writing checks, printing more money, devising ways to enrich themselves at the expense of the people.

Really glad I'm now a dual-citizen. 'Cause when the shit blows, I'll be sure to be far, far away from US borders.

#34     Sep 23, 2010
  5. Krugman is too busy making movie appearances to care about the US economy

I suggest he get himself to the greeks, where he belongs.

<iframe src="http://www.businessinsider.com/embed?id=4c0f8d467f8b9aa50bfb0700&amp;width=600&amp;height=430" width="600" height="430" border="0" frameborder="0"></iframe>

#35     Sep 23, 2010
  6. olias

olias

that's a good point to remember. The US economy sucked ass when he stepped in. He tried something. What he tried made sense to a lot of people. I've always been republican. I like the basic idea of less government and less taxes. But I also understand the rationale behind the stimulus spending. The idea is to get money flowing through the economy. When the economy sucks people are worried about their income, so they don't spend, and the situation gets worse. How to counter that? Government taxes the people and spends it. Did it work? ....nobody can give an honest assessment of that. Obviously we are not where we want to be, but who can say what shape the economy would be in without the stimulus?

#36     Sep 23, 2010
  7. Did you watch the vid with Jay Z? I like it, building you rpersonal moat.

#37     Sep 23, 2010
  8. zdreg

zdreg

obviously you are not a true capitalist who believes in free markets.
    furthermore in a free market economy there are down cycles which wash away the excesses of the previous up cycle. it sets the groundwork for the next up cycle and allows money to flow towards the most productive use.

when the government interferes you inevitably get waste of resources. http://www.examiner.com/city-hall-i...nding-of-111-million-has-created-only-55-jobs

111 million dollars created 55 jobs in LA. same pattern repeats with most government spending or stimulus.
    this is american society today. postpone pain as long as you and then the underlying economic disease is never cured. keeping people in their homes is not a solution. they should lose their homes because of their profligacy. they will rent and other people will buy their houses at cut rate prices. the inventory of house will fall and the next up housing cycle will appear.

#38     Sep 23, 2010
  9. Even though it's not pure capitalism, I have no problem with higher income bracket paying more to support the poor. But they are missing 1 key component to determine tax rate: LOCATION.

Someone making 200k a year in nyc with a family of 4 will just get by, while same family making 200k in the middle of kansas for example will live like a king. It's complete bullshit they apply the same tax bracket across the entire country.

#39     Sep 23, 2010
  10. zdreg

zdreg

move to kansas.

#40     Sep 23, 2010