Krugman on Health Reform Myths

Discussion in 'Economics' started by hermit, Mar 12, 2010.

1. Hopefully before Obama care passes you or a love one are fucked by an insurance company and denied life saving treatment,but one can only hope

#31     Mar 13, 2010

2. :D :D :D :D :D

#32     Mar 13, 2010
  3. Obama care...Coming soon to a city near you :D

#33     Mar 13, 2010
  4. I suspect I'll still be able to afford a real doctor and real treatment choices for myself, others not so much.

As a heath care professional over the past five years I have earned 2-3x the national average.

I can tell you this, if that changes much I won't be putting in the time anywhere like I once did.

I suspect I won't be alone in this , so good luck with that obama care stuff.

#34     Mar 13, 2010
  5. Of course Medicares premiums haven't risen particularly fast. That's why Medicare is $35 trillion under funded.

#35     Mar 13, 2010
  6. I've seen two polls and in each about 1/4 of practitioners say they'll quit altogether and another quarter will work significantly less. Funny how Krugman doesn't address that "myth."

Or, why doesn't he address the myth that insurance premiums will fall under PelosiCare? As uber-leftist, Illinois senator Dick Durbin said last week, “anyone who would stand before you and say well, if you pass health care reform, next year’s health care premiums are going down, I don’t think is telling the truth. I think it is likely they would go up, but what we are trying to do is slow the rate of increase.”

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/m7QAci-XWHY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/m7QAci-XWHY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

#36     Mar 13, 2010
  7. maxpi

maxpi

"Let's all share your money and give me some too..."

#37     Mar 13, 2010
  8. "when someone calls out for a debate" ---> This is a reasonable, responsible plan. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.

I answered and you remained stupid. Everything you said in this thread was stupid. I made the mistake of being nice the first time or two, but you shine out as stupid.

You are an idiot. You are devoid of brains. You do not understand anything.

If you want more explanation of this, then I will make it simpler

U, IDIOT

#38     Mar 13, 2010
  9. Mercor

Mercor

85% of the public is insured. Yet many many people do not listen to their bodies and ignore symptoms. So they end up at the emergency with full blown heart attacks, or show up at a doctors office with stage 4 cancers.

Heath care will not solve this issue. What health care will do is drive up costs unless it can force people to annual exams.

How is health care going to help a homeless alcoholic?

#39     Mar 13, 2010
  10. Healthcare is the way to bailout out the healthcare industry. Just as banks and decrepit car companies were bailed out. End of Story.

Even resident short Jim Chanos has figured out as much, and is stepping aside from shorting the sector for the time being.

As for why healthcare needs a bailout- have you seen the lack of drugs developed in the past 10 yrs?

They haven't done anything to increase the supply of doctors other than to create a new series of experts that can hide behind diagnostic machines, while disease corrodes most sick patients just the same as it did 10 yrs before. Fat overweight people continue to get the latest and greatest knee and hip replacements while the underlying causes go unmentioned.

A country where healthcare is 19% of GDP cannot function for long. Maybe thats where GDP growth is coming from, no?

#40     Mar 13, 2010