Kratom

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Pekelo, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Some stupid shites overdose on anything. What this country needs is counselors, sex therapists, substance abuse therapists. The problem is in the mind. Some people do anything to numb their thoughts and feelings of shame, inadequacy, past failures, hurts and pain... Some excellent therapists charge 100-140 usd per hour only which equates to what some pay in opioids, drugs, and alcohol in 2-3 days. Just 10-15 hours put most already back on a good course in life. How some do not perceive this as the best deal ever is beyond my comprehension.

#31     Apr 12, 2019
  2. vanzandt

vanzandt

That whole article... then buried away in the very last line:

"In most of the kratom-related overdoses, fentanyl was also listed as a cause of death, according to the CDC".

Oooo-kay.
    Imagine what they could have done with the headline if all 100 had eaten at Chipoltes before they punched out.

#32     Apr 14, 2019
  3. Pekelo

Pekelo

#33     Jul 7, 2019
    comagnum likes this.
  4. Pekelo

Pekelo

You could share how much and what for?

#35     Jun 18, 2020
  5. I have been using kratom for a year now because I have acute arthritis and the pain is unbearable and no other treatment so far has been able to help me as well. From the first time I used kratom I noticed the effect, the pain started to disappear and life seemed completely different. It is important to know that each organism is different and the dose must be taken to a minimum so that you do not become addicted. Besides, a lot already depends on its quality.
    If you want I can leave you here a site that helped me a lot where it is described Kratom and all about it https://www.ceasar-boston.org/best-kratom-vendors/
    I hope you find it useful.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2020
    #36     Jun 19, 2020
    comagnum likes this.
  6. Pekelo

Pekelo

Decriminalized in Thailand!:

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireS...ratom-popular-plant-based-painkiller-79616147

"The decriminalization of kratom, which involved removing the drug from the official list of controlled narcotics, is the country’s latest move to liberalize its drug laws. In the past two years, Thailand has allowed regulated medical marijuana use as well as the licensed buying and growing of marijuana, and permitted households to grow up to six plants. Harsh penalties remain for hard drugs such as heroin and methamphetamine."

#37     Aug 25, 2021
  7. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Since covid started, I lost touch with one of my long-time friends and he called the other day to catch up. After talking about his work and family drama, he shared that he had started doing kratom on a daily basis for anxiety relief.

And it worked.

He continued on with it consistently until 6 months later he realized he had worked himself up to doing it three times per day. He eventually found himself addicted to it and tried to stop cold turkey, but the withdrawal symptoms were so severe that he had to get back on it. At that point he said he was terrified because he never anticipated that he would find himself in a position of not being to just get off the stuff when he wanted to.

He later tried to get back off again, but decided to slowly taper off over the course of a month instead of just dropping it altogether and he said that actually worked.

He's a strong-minded person who knows his boundaries so for him to say that getting off of Kratom was one of the most difficult and scary things he's ever done says volumes about letting Kratom (or any other mind-altering substance) become part of your daily routine.

#38     Aug 25, 2021
  8. yabz

yabz

You friend's experience is so unusual that I would question whether is was pure kratom he was using. The kratom that is sold in the US is often spiked with other substances. I grow it here in Thailand for my personal use and know many people who take it and none of them have experienced anything like what your friend is reporting.

#39     Aug 25, 2021
    comagnum likes this.
  9. Pekelo

Pekelo

Tapering off is almost always the best approach with just about everything. Try coffee for example...

Generally the advice on r/kratom is that you should have 1-2 days off per week, and less is more. Some people are up to 20 g per day, when 6 g would do the same.

#40     Aug 28, 2021