Kratom

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Pekelo, Dec 12, 2017.

1. KindMargo

KindMargo

Hi there,
    I'm reading about the inpatient treatment now.
    Has someone heard about that?
    It's difficult for me to tell that I'm addicted to the alcohol.
    Now want to change the situation. My boyfriend agreed to support me.
    Here's the article https://addictionresource.com/alcohol/treatment/inpatient/
    I've also heard about the outpatient, but still decided to stop on that one.
    Would be happy to hear someone's opinion.
    Does that worth it?

#21     Sep 19, 2018
  2. Pekelo

Pekelo

Documentary Leaf of Faith is available on Netflix.

#22     Jan 11, 2019
  3. Pekelo

Pekelo

You can try kratom without an inpatient treatment. If I were you I would give it a try. What can you lose?

#23     Jan 11, 2019
  4. vanzandt

vanzandt

FDA releases test results identifying dangerous levels of heavy metals in certain kratom products

April 3, 2019

Media Inquiries
    FDA Office of Media Affairs
    301-796-4540

"Over the last year, the FDA has issued numerous warnings about the serious risks associated with the use of kratom, including novel risks due to the variability in how kratom products are formulated, sold and used both recreationally and by those who are seeking to self-medicate for pain or to treat opioid withdrawal symptoms. Among these warnings are the extremely high rates of contamination of kratom products with salmonella that have resulted in numerous illnesses and recalls, leading to the agency’s first-ever mandatory recall order after a rigorous investigation. Our most recent warning was about disturbingly high levels of heavy metals found in kratom products," said FDA Commissioner Scott Gottlieb, M.D. "After FDA scientists conducted an analysis of these metals, we’ve been attempting to work with the companies whose products were found to contain high levels of heavy metals, and we’ve warned consumers of the risks associated with kratom in general. To help make sure consumers are fully informed of these risks, we’re releasing our final laboratory test results. The data from these results support our public warning about the risk of heavy metals in kratom products. Data suggest that certain substances in kratom have opioid properties and that one or more have the potential for abuse. The findings of identifying heavy metals in kratom only strengthen our public health warnings around this substance and concern for the health and safety of Americans using it."

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today released the results of laboratory testing performed by the agency of 30 kratom products from a variety of sources to determine if they contain heavy metals. The analysis found significant levels of lead and nickel at concentrations that exceed safe exposure for oral daily drug intake. The FDA first warned of the risk of heavy metals, including lead and nickel, in kratom products at levels not considered safe for human consumption in November 2018.

Based on reported kratom usage patterns, heavy kratom users may be exposed to levels of lead and nickel many times greater than the safe daily exposure. The test results show that the typical long-term kratom user could potentially develop heavy metal poisoning, which could include nervous system or kidney damage, anemia or high blood pressure and/or increased risk of certain cancers.

#24     Apr 8, 2019
  5. Pekelo

Pekelo

I take the possibility of heavy metals over alcoholism any day. They said the exact same thing about Amla products too.

1. It could be a scare tactic.
    2. Pretty much most food is contaminated up to a degree. Fish in the sea, etc...
    3. Heavy users. Well, the key is moderation in everything. By the way, what is heavy usage? What is lon term usage?
    4. Scott Gottlieb. Honestly, fuck Scott Gottlieb. Luckily the fucker is out of that position.
    5. Potentially. That is the keyword.
    6. Alcohol and tobacco not potentially but factually cause half million + deaths annually. FDA: me worry?

Heavy users of air potentially but even more so after long term of usage definitely will end in death. :)

Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
    #25     Apr 8, 2019
  6. vanzandt

vanzandt

Safe bet there is absolutely zero quality control on the sourcing of this stuff.
    Unless the lab results are faked, those levels look pretty damn high... https://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/PublicHealthFocus/ucm635097.htm

#26     Apr 8, 2019
  7. Damn, I didn't know those were the only two options.

#27     Apr 8, 2019
    GRULSTMRNN likes this.
  8. Pekelo

Pekelo

This could be a valid statement for many supplements, where the FDA is pretty much hands off.

So if the levels are so dangerously high, why not just close down those suppliers examined?

And again, toxicity is the quantity, not the material itself, since even water can cause death, if applied in the right quantity. So what are heavy usage and long term use? Without a clear definition how do I know if I am in danger?

Edit: Looking at the list of suppliers, it is a good ad for Front Range Kratom where "not detected above 200 ng/g."

Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
    #28     Apr 8, 2019
  9. ph1l

ph1l

#29     Apr 11, 2019
  10. Have you ever tried stand-up comedy? Seriously...

#30     Apr 12, 2019
    Frederick Foresight likes this.