Kratom

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Pekelo, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

Kratom (Mitragyna speciosa)is a plant that grows in Asia. In some of the countries where it naturally grows like Thailand it is actually illegal. Chewing on the leaves or taking it as a powder made of the leaves has the following effects, depending on the dose:

1. Energy booster.
    2. Sedative.
    3. Pain killer.
    4. Mood stabilizer.

At the current state, it is still legal in 43 States, but the DEA is working hard on it. Last year luckily a law proposal was defeated, keeping it still legal. It has a terrible taste, so it is a little bit hard to take, but it is an extremely cheap ($1/day) and effective for pain management. If you have chronic pain, you might want to give it a try.

Tonight there is going to be a TV program on Viceland:

https://www.americankratom.org

bullmarket79 likes this.
  2. vanzandt

vanzandt

3. Pekelo

Pekelo

"FDA Commissioner Scott Gottlieb said. “From the outset, the FDA must use its authority to protect the public from addictive substances like..."

...tobacco and alcohol. The prohibition has to come back.

"No company has tried to “properly” develop a kratom-containing drug, according to the FDA, and there are no FDA-approved medical uses of the product."

There is no money in it when the natural plant is so cheap. 50 cent / day for a painkiller with dangerous side effects, you can't compete with that.

4. Pekelo

Pekelo

5. Cuddles

Cuddles

Pretty popular among body builder types

6. Banjo

Banjo

7. yabz

yabz

The Thai government was refreshingly honest when they banned it in the 1940s. It was being used to help people get off opium and taxes on opium were an important source of revenue.

8. Baron

Baron ET Founder

My wife and I tried all 3 strains of Kratom (red, green and white) a few weeks ago by making hot teas, and the effects are pretty subtle. I wouldn't spend money on buying it again, that's for sure.

comagnum likes this.
  9. Do you think the tea versions were processed and dilluted to sell for more profit? Kind of like Yerba Mates with very little actual leaf in it but plenty of water and flavor :).

#10     Feb 21, 2018