Kraft, Alcoa, GE, GM, many others either at all time lows or 30 year lows

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by ByLoSellHi, Feb 20, 2009.

1. waah, waaaah, waaaaaah!!!!!!!!!

Your vagina hurts.

[​IMG]

Stay long, buddy.

#11     Feb 20, 2009
  2. S2007S

S2007S

Companies you thought that could never go bankrupt will, some of these lows we are seeing in these stocks would have never even be predicted 6 months ago.

Aside from that they had a pretty cool fact today,

XOM MARKET CAP = $354 Billion

ALL 24 BANKS in the BANK INDEX are worth $269 Billion

I fine that pretty interesting.

Remember when all these banks were on top of the WORLD, to think what greed has done to this economy. Thanks to the fools who created all those nice investment vehicles this economy WILL NEVER BE THE SAME AGAIN.

#12     Feb 20, 2009
  3. GE at those prices. Holy shit!

If you notice The markets follow GE.

You see GE go down more than the S&P but then weeks later the S&P catches up but GE is always one step ahead.

So if GE is trading at 1995 prices.

S&P will eventually be at 1995 levels.

#13     Feb 20, 2009
  4. gnome

gnome

I've been expecting worse... MUCH worse.

#14     Feb 20, 2009
  5. gnome

gnome

"A smart man learns from his mistakes."

"A wise man learns from the mistakes of others".

Apparently we have neither... not in Washington nor heading-up corporations.

#15     Feb 20, 2009
  6. I did and still think it is going to get worse for Public Companies traded on the Exchanges.

Fear and loss of confidence has forced solid companies into a very bad position. They are loosing market cap and loosing "Value" faster than air out of a blown tire.

I do believe the INDU is finished, as is the Nasdaq for at least a decade. This will not "Bounce" there will be no "Panic" buy. People will shun stocks period.

I do not think that "Overall Economy" will get as bad as 1932. Call it a new Depression, Which I do, but nothing like 1932.

The Private Sector, Manufactures and private companies have the staying power and have "Cash" on hand to get their companies through this storm. Of course, weak private companies will fail, but their customers will be swooped up by the stronger Private Companies.

Hard assets are in play. We just started a huge Private Placement in the Bakken Shale region. 4 Phase project and the total capital to be raised is 45 million this year. So far, we just started talking to Potential and current clients. All most all 92 units in the first phase are gone, in less than a week. Each unit is 65K. Second phase is starting out at 120k per share and they are mov'n now. 3 and 4th phase will be near 500k per share.

Plenty of guys with money out there looking to get into longterm, hard asset plays.

Once again, we will blow past a record year with guys becoming Millionairs by 2010 in our firm.

Smart money, True players who are liquid, who own their own companies are staying away from the Markets and have no interest in the stock market. They have lost confidence and what little of their net worth they had vested, they either pulled out or just left it in, not giving a rats ass what happens to the stock market.

This has been my experience when talkng about Stocks vrs Hard Asset plays.

#16     Feb 20, 2009
  7. S2007S

S2007S

Heard today that the 2.50 March puts on GE are starting to attract attention, wouldnt surprise me to see GE trade below $5.00, I might be a buyer at $3.00

#17     Feb 20, 2009
  8. Actually, jackass, I am net short now and have been for a while. My main long position this past week was PCLN, so it has been nicely profitable for me and my TRADING.

So, do you TRADE or not?????????

I'll take silence as a no.

#18     Feb 21, 2009
  9. One problem with your theory here. If you had invested in 1932 during the "American economy is collapsing....nobody will ever buy stocks again" time frame, you would have made a killing over the next few years as the stock market took off.

Tell me...when everybody and anybody is telling you to never buy stocks again, who is there to sell them then? They've all sold...they've all headed for the exits.

Whenever all the doomssayers start coming out, that is a great time to buy.

BTW...I'd be willing to bet that a lot of the people around the world calling for the end of the American economy do so for political reasons. Pie in your face...you're all getting what you wanted. The myth of decoupling has been exposed. Without the American economy being strong, nobody in the world will be strong and wealthy.

At least Gorbachev had the guts to admit this.:eek:

#19     Feb 21, 2009
  10. stock_trad3r saw this all along and he has been buying this minor dip. after all it is all a fake credit crisis. werd :D

#20     Feb 21, 2009