Kospi's Nightmare Settle: Aug 13, '09

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Sell 'em, Aug 13, 2009.

1. dont

dont

No sep options won't show an index of 202.46, the settlement will be the last traded prices for the options basically traded off the futures

#11     Aug 14, 2009
  2. Thanks ... that occurred to me after I went to bed ... I'm in Asia. But thks.

#12     Aug 14, 2009
  3. dont

dont

What is up with the Mar futures

Trading at 213.25 Dec Futures at 215.05.

Well that's it for me I will wait until Thursdays close out I don't like it when I see things I don't understand.

How the hell does an equity future trade in backwardation?

#13     Dec 6, 2009
  4. Holders of the futures contract will not collect dividends paid out by some of the underlying stocks between now and March. Stock/index holders will. As those dividends are paid, the index will converge to the futures price.

This is Index Futures 101. Look it up.

#14     Dec 7, 2009
  5. dont

dont

Testy testy for one who asks questions on this forum, learn some manners you troll.

So all the shares in the Kospi pay their dividends between December and March close outs? and the market knows exactly what all 200 dividends payments are likely to be?

#15     Dec 7, 2009
  6. latidude

latidude

Yes, the market knows with higher and higher probability what the dividend distributions for individual constituents will be. I highly recommend learning to price futures if you're going to trade them.

Sell'em is right in saying that this is futures 101. I would hardly call his statement trolling.

#16     Dec 7, 2009
  7. dont

dont

welcome to my ignore list morons

#17     Dec 7, 2009
  8. Another incredible close ... wow.

#18     Dec 10, 2009