kospi 200 index

Discussion in 'Options' started by asdfghj7, Aug 17, 2010.

1. Would somebody please refer me to a website offering delayed option chains for the Kospi 200 index?

2. I appreciate the suggestion. In the past, I haven't been able to get the Korean Exchange website you suggested to load any actual data. So I'm searching for an alternative.

3. d08

d08

Is there anyone trading KOSPI equities? It seems IB doesn't offer KOSPI equities yet which is strange in 2010. What brokers offer decent pricing? How are the order types, open and closing crosses are supported? Tried finding any information about it but there doesn't seem to be anything on it.

4. woodark

woodark

In fact, trading KOSPI commission is very high at IB. Many South Korea native broker only one-third of the IB's commission. If you really love trading KOSPI, you may opening account in Korea. Most korea broker have English Homepage. You can go to Korea exchange website view membership status :http://eng.krx.co.kr/m9/m9_1/m9_1_8...09001_08_02.jsp
    The following commission table from a Korean broker webpage

(´ÜÀ§ : ¿ø/°è¾à´ç)

±¸ºÐ Ç°¸ñ ¿Â¶óÀÎ ÀÏ¹Ý ÃÖÁ¾°Å·¡ ºñ°í
    Áö¼ö¼±¹° ÁÖ°¡Áö¼ö(KOSPI) 0.0015% ÀϹݼö¼ö·áÀû¿ë Á¤·ü (kospi futures only 0.0015% IB is 0.004%)
    OPTION¿É¼Ç ÁÖ°¡Áö¼ö(KOSPI) 0.075% ÀϹݼö¼ö·áÀû¿ë Á¤·ü (options only 0.075%.ib is 0.2%)

5. I think there might be something wrong with your version of Java or something... I am seeing all the data there in my browser at the moment.

6. d08

d08

Do you know about stocks. Is the market accessible for foreigners?
    Is there an opening auction order (similar to OPG order on Nasdaq and NYSE)?

7. woodark

woodark

Acctually foreigner invest made one-third of daily trading volume at Korea stock and derivatives market.You can find the data detail volume from KRX english webpage everyday.But I really don't know why only IB can trade kospi.Maybe all other investor open account at korea native broker?

8. d08

d08

IB currently only allows trading in KOSPI futures. I've asked IB about Korean stocks but didn't get a clear answer if they are planning to add the product. Please vote for it here.