KOSPI 200 Futures - Traders

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by RedDuke, Feb 25, 2009.

1. very cool thread. going to start watching this contract.

#21     Mar 2, 2009
  2. Some other market moving events :

In a note to clients, Goldman Sachs analysts Rajeev Das and Rosa Kim noted that Hyundai has invested over 1 billion euros ($1.26 billion) in the Czech Republic, and has funded assets denominated in the Czech krona with about 400 million euros in debt. "We expect huge write downs related to this," they wrote.
    Kia, on the other hand, has also invested about 1 billion euros in Slovakia, where it recently announced production cuts "to what we estimate is a sub-breakeven rate of about 40%," they added

#22     Mar 2, 2009
  3. jfilla

jfilla

RedDuke,

To be honest, Im one of those guys that believe its all reflected in the charts, so I dont really care about news events. But thats just me...

I am big on correlations, however, and to me this market will move in close sync with the HSI, SPI and ES during a normal trading day. So, Im looking for the best opportunities when all of these markets are making new high/lows together. They tend to pull on each other.

- jeff

#23     Mar 2, 2009
  4. RedDuke

RedDuke

Jeff,

I also do not care what news says. I only care about important news like NFP for examples, when it is best to stay out of market few min before and after the news are released.

Thanks,
    redduke

#24     Mar 2, 2009
  5. True 24 hour trading is here with the better connections to Asia, Bovespa and Ausie, NZ and SGX now online..........crank up the factory to the 24 hour schedule.....good news.......computers so not get paid overtime. Long live ATS.

#25     Mar 2, 2009
  6. RedDuke

RedDuke

I use volume as part of my decisions process, and all these block trades that do not hit bids/asks bother me.

I would like to understand who executes them, and can they somehow be separated from trades that do hit bids/asks.

I have downloaded break down for Friday's activity from KRX website. Not sure if it can shred any light.

Thanks,
    redduke

#26     Mar 6, 2009
  7. Any theories?

#27     Mar 6, 2009
  8. RedDuke

RedDuke

Not really. I found few references to Automated Block Trading Network(K-BloX), but not sure what it really means.

#28     Mar 6, 2009
  9. RedDuke

RedDuke

A bit of technical info for Ninja & IB combination.

Do not connect to IB until market opens. I and few other people experienced issues such as incorrect market depth if connected before market opens. It never happened if connected after the open.

Regards,
    redduke

#29     Mar 11, 2009
  10. kingjelly

kingjelly

I hate seeing the US markets have a big day, cause my dear K200 just gaps and dies generally. Sorry for the obvious post, just bored watching it tonight.

#30     May 18, 2009