KOSPI 200 futures on CME

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by TD877, Aug 17, 2016.

1. TD877

TD877

Does anyone on this board trade these? How does that work in terms of data feeds? Do you get streaming data from your CME subscription, or do you need KRX data feed?

2. SPT

SPT

I believe IB broker offers this with hectic fees around 8000won round trip. Kospi200 is traded on KRX exchange so CME isn't involved. Cheapest way is to open an account with local FCM in South Korea 2000won round trip one contract. Good luck!

3. TD877

TD877

4. SPT

SPT

When KRX is closed, kospi200 barely moves. There's no reason to trade Kospi200 because there's other much better alternatives. Why would you want to trade Kospi200 to begin with? it is very slow these days. You will probably need to open an account with South Korean FCM. No brokers other than IB offers Kospi200 at the moment.

5. TD877

TD877

I'm not dying to trade Kospi200. What alternatives would you suggest? (for a US trader)

6. i960

i960

IMO, if you want to trade KOSPI trade it on KRX. Don't trade it on CME.

Also, as far as I can tell, just like the Bursa Malaysia link this requires you to have KRX access anyway - so I'm not sure what the point of it even is other than trading off hours. This is not a copycat contract that tracks KOSPI.

SPT likes this.
  7. SPT

SPT

There are many alternatives so I will suggest my favorites. I like to trade E-mini S&P500 Futures during New York opening. Eurostoxx 50 (FESX) for european hours. Osaka Nikkei mini futures for Asian opening.

8. i960

i960

Yep, or SPI (Australia), or even Straits Taiwan on SGX, Hang Seng, etc.