Kospi 200 futures on CME Globex to be launched on November 16, 2009

Discussion in 'Trading' started by r2d2, Nov 11, 2009.

1. r2d2

r2d2

2. Is this KOSPI 200 contract truly available for trading on GLOBEX? It's over three years since the announcement, but I do not see it on GLOBEX (at least not through my trading platforms)

How can one trade KOSPI on Globex? What broker (not including IB) offers it?

3. RedDuke

RedDuke

I also can not see anything on cme website. Eurex websites reflects KOSPI options, and valumes there are growing: http://www.eurexchange.com/exchange-en/products/idx/kos/

I trade KOSPI 200 futures on KRX and pretty happy. Not sure how well this product would trade on globex though.

4. Hi RedDuke,

You trade through IB?

I wish there were more brokers offering it other than IB?

5. RedDuke

RedDuke

I do, and aside from $10 (average) round trip have no issues. Execution is instantaneous and margins are decent.

The only other FCM that was offering it in US was MF Global. Their feed was PATS, and that kept me from opening an account with them, lucky me :) I used to have big issues with PATS about 6 year ago when trading DAX through this feed.

6. Bones

Bones

RedDuke

I have looked up past forums about trading after 6PM EST. I can't find any recent posts unless I'm missing something. I would appreciate to know from you and others how are things going trading the Kospi, STW, Hang Seng, etc lately. I have been thinking about doing some trading and following these so more. Which one is the best for night trading EST?

Regards,
    Tony

7. RedDuke

RedDuke

Hi Tony,

I tried most of Asian contracts over the years, apart from ASX 200. My type of trading requires thick contract with 1 tick spread and decent moves. K200 is the best one there with these characteristics.

After change of time, it now opens at 7pm.

If you have any specific questions, please let me know.

Regards,
    redduke

8. Bones

Bones

Redduke,

Thank you very much. I appreciate your help. Just curious what time chart you trade with, tick, 1 minute, 5 minute. I have been studying the trade techniques of Al Brooks and PriceActionTradingSystem.com and I want to try these out on the Kospi, STW, whatever. Thanks again for your help.

Regards,
    Tony

9. RedDuke

RedDuke

Hi Tony,

I personally use fixed time interval charts just to see overall market PA during the day. I can not trade off them. It just does not sit well with me that just because 5 min bar is ending that something meaningful can happen. Tick and volume charts are better, but range chart works best for me. Range puts a grid on the market with each segment being pure price action.

Regards,
    redduke