Korean war II, new permawar?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by noob_trad3r, Mar 11, 2013.

1. I'm not saying we could not win and win decisively, but the first few days would be messy. Far more messy than anything we've seen in quite some time. I'm not sure we're ready for the tough political decisions that would need to be made under such circumstances. The gloves would have to come off in a big way, and the longer we fiddled with that, the more difficult things become.

#21     Mar 11, 2013
  2. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Rather than sit back and wait for the tin-pot dictator in North Korea to start a war on his own terms, the world needs to take preemptive action.

It is time the world made it clear to North Korea that their behavior is not acceptable - and not by passing meaningless U.N. sanctions.

The western nations need to move large scale military forces to the region. We need to make it clear to China they can either help, or need to get out of the way.

Give North Korea a limited number of days to turn over all of their nuclear material and missilles. Make it clear that if they pop a nuke the retribution will be swift and very complete.

Further demand that North Korea reduces their military forces significantly, stops abusing its own population, and signs a peace treaty.

#22     Mar 11, 2013
  3. pspr

pspr

That would be a great idea but even when economies are humming along and national debts aren't through the roof it's hard to get enough nations to agree on a war stance. It's going to take some serious aggression from N.K. for anything like that to happen.

#23     Mar 11, 2013
  4. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Do you think that N.K. will need to pop a nuke on Japan or start a full scale assault on South Korea before the world does a dang thing. Sadly, I likely agree with you.

The passive acceptance of North Korea's abusive absurdity for years is why we still have this problem.

#24     Mar 11, 2013
  5. That sounds like a great idea but at what point do you think China will wash their hands with them ? China does not want a US backed government on their border .China will veto any military action against NK at The UN.If we go in on our own I think China will gradually back them until we have a real mess on our hands

#25     Mar 11, 2013
  6. What do you think NK's end game is ? What do you think they want ?I cant see them really wanting war .

#26     Mar 11, 2013

7. They definitely want something. China's support of NK has not changed and won't. This is the reason for their belligerence, an invasion of NK will wind up being an invasion of China, also. Of course, with the idiots we have running US foreign policy, anything can happen.

#27     Mar 11, 2013
  8. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Just keep in mind that China supported sanctions in the recent U.N. vote, and over the past year stopped shipping many items to North Korea. Change may be coming - China may very well ignore any military action... as long as it does not involve a large-scale U.S. land invasion.

#28     Mar 11, 2013
  9. What they have gotten so far is suitcases full of money. They get paid periodically to stop developing nukes. Clinton went there and paid them off to the tune of Billions and it had no effect. The current NK leader is an amateur though, it could backfire on him.

#29     Mar 11, 2013
  10. They just want a cookie.

everytime they have a tantrum we give them some goodies to prevent their colic-ally behavior.

Besides opening new hostilities would be an excuse to run to big brother china for help both economic and militarily.

#30     Mar 11, 2013