Korean war II, new permawar?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by noob_trad3r, Mar 11, 2013.

1. If The NK troops don't quit like the Iraq troops did I agree.I question how long they can fight since they don't have much food to feed the troops or oil to keep their equipment going .I worry that if they know there regime will be kicked out they will use a nuke on SK

#11     Mar 11, 2013
  2. NK has over a million troops,we have 30,000 troops over there.How are we going to slaughter a million + troops in a couple of days ?

#12     Mar 11, 2013

3. It will only be just the beginning, the US does not want to fight NK and China again.

#13     Mar 11, 2013
  4. pspr

pspr

And hows that? Obama will attack mainland China at the same time? :D

#14     Mar 11, 2013
  5. My cousin, who's in the Air Force, says the following about North Korea's Military:

1. The N.K. army is large (over 1 million), but most of the troops are very poorly trained, poorly fed and poorly led. Their elite forces number about 50,000 and they would do most of the real fighting. Most of the army would be used as human sacrifices/shields.

2. The N.K. Air Force is large (over 800 planes), but the aircraft are old, poorly maintained and pilots rarely fly because N.K. can't afford the fuel.

3. One real danger is in the hunreds of artillery pieces manned by elite North Korean forces. Many of these big guns are within range of Seoul and could hammer the city within a matter of minutes. Worse, many of these big guns are mobile and the North Koreans have gotten very good at moving them around and hiding them.

4. The other thing we don't know is if they have a nuclear weapon that they could actually deliver onto a target.

If North Korea attacked the South, it would be a real mess. The South Koreans could not defend by themselves. Until we're willing to risk handing South Korea over to North Korea, we'll be staying there.

#15     Mar 11, 2013
  6. Anyone who thinks this will be a weekend war, walk in the park for our military is making a big error in judgement.

#16     Mar 11, 2013
  7. pspr

pspr

I don't think N.K. is that stupid. But here is an interesting, though brief, analysis.

It is important to note that China did not exercise its veto power when the sanctions against North Korea passed through the Security Council. This is a telling reminder of Beijing’s troubled relationship with Pyongyang, as China appears to be growing impatient with its ally.

Furthermore, North Korea threatened to end the 1953 armistice on Wednesday in anticipation of the pending Security Council resolution. If the North made true on its threat, it would mean that the Demilitarized Zone that separates North and South Korea could be crossed and South Korean and US forces would be pulled into a war on the peninsula. However, this scenario is highly unlikely.

Although North Korea is capable of significant levels of destruction in South Korea and possibly even Japan, US and South Korean retaliation would be devastating and would almost certainly end the regime. Also, the North’s biggest ally, China, has no desire for a war to break out in its backyard. The regional devastation that a war would bring, the strain on China’s heavy economic investment in North Korea, open conflict with the United States, as well as the likely influx of refugees into Chinese territory would cause serious problems for Beijing.

If, however, in the unlikely event that North Korea did attack the South, to avoid widespread destruction and to prevent a major war with the United States, it would be in China’s best interest to invade and take control of North Korea and hand over administration of the country to the United Nations.

Open conflict on the Korean Peninsula remains unlikely, and instead North Korea through threatening the United States may be trying to get Washington’s attention so that new dialogue and a possible restructuring of the entire relationship with Pyongyang can take place.

http://globalconflictanalysis.com/2013/03/new-sanctions-for-north-korea-in-response-to-nuclear-test/

#17     Mar 11, 2013
  8. I read that Obama has told China if they don't help keep NK in line he will let SK and Japan build nukes .China does not want to be surrounded by a nuclear SK and Japan

#18     Mar 11, 2013
  9. pspr

pspr

Japan has vowed to never build a nuclear weapon. But if we cut back our military around that part of the world, they may change their mind. I'm not sure how much influence we have with them anymore.

#19     Mar 11, 2013
  10. That was before NK started threatening them with nukes.Japan and SK both have new leaders now who wants to build nukes because of NK

#20     Mar 11, 2013