Korean Kospi 200 Futures Now Available for US-based Customers...

Discussion in 'Events' started by Steve_IB, Dec 9, 2008.

1. Because:

A. The contract is exceptionally well constructed, and

B. Koreans day trade their own market like you've never seen.

Specifically, the options are only a fraction of the futures ... 5-to-1 or something like that. They are small contracts. Also, commission is based on transacted VALUE, so you can trade many very small contracts without your commission expense ballooning too much out of proportion. Finally, tick size is absolutely microscopic ... perhaps some traders like that??

As liquid as a hot knife through butter - unlike anything you've seen, guaranteed.

#11     Dec 10, 2008
  2. bidask

bidask

how so?

can you please give an example? is this true for futures too?

#12     Dec 10, 2008
  3. No, future contract is fairly sizable - bigger than ES. Quite liquid - todays volume 430K.

Futures contract ~ 150 x 500,000 multiplier ~= USD 52,400.

#13     Dec 10, 2008
  4. RedDuke

RedDuke

You need to add it manually to instruments. If you need help, I can post the screens here.

#14     Dec 10, 2008
  5. #15     Dec 10, 2008
  6. jim c

jim c

Anyone look at the dom on the Kospi? It looks like its quotes a nickle wide? What does the size look like? 20 up a nickle wide? Red duke? do you know the symbol for ninja? thx jim

#16     Dec 10, 2008
  7. RedDuke

RedDuke

DOM is pretty liquid. About 300-400 across 5 bid levels and about the same on ask. The spread is 1 tick for most time.

This instrument is not in Ninja, but you can add it manually. I will post Ninja config screens today in the evening.

#17     Dec 10, 2008
  8. jim c

jim c

Your the best! Im gonna take a look tonight. good luck to ya. jim

#18     Dec 10, 2008
  9. I love Europe, but if you think individual citizen has more freedoms in Europe, then you are smoking crack!!!!!

#19     Dec 10, 2008
  10. RedDuke

RedDuke

Attached are Ninja Trader config screen for KOSPI futures. There are 2 tabs, one is Definition and the other one is Misc.

#20     Dec 10, 2008