Korea Largest E Commerce Play- GMKT

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by stonedinvestor, Mar 21, 2007.

1. #11     Apr 15, 2007
  2. The one problem I can see with the taxation issue in GMKT compared to eBay is that the bulk of GMKT's sellers are guys who do huge volume compared with ebay which has more individual once-in-a-while sellers. They'll feel the pain from the taxes way more and so the worry is that they'll migrate to a regular storefront. Thats "THEIR" point of view.....I find it hard to believe these vendors will be eager to go from online selling to opening a store though so I'm not too worried about it. It made a little move up today, but hell, what didnt?

I've never heard of that liquidation company before but I'll check it out.

#12     Apr 16, 2007
  3. Letting this one go folks for 24% gain or so $16 to $20... mixed feelings.... Sometimes one can sell all their winners by booking gains like this but when stuff has hit the fan in other areas and often a gain has become a loss lately in swift fashion... perhaps caution is best warranted here? ~ SI

#13     Jun 26, 2007
  4. Never sell your winners folks!

You know I can sit here and describe precisely all the right moves and STILL make the SAME mistakes OVER and OVER again YEAR after YEAR. Every year a certain few keep going up...Anyway last seen at $22 and climbing I hope some of you held on from what I can tell quite a few did. Sweet.

#14     Aug 1, 2007
  5. Don't feel too bad Stoney, I got out of this one a while ago too when I heard the Korean government was going to triple online sales tax or something like that.

#15     Aug 1, 2007