Kogi 17" LCD on sale... $279

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gnome, Jan 19, 2003.

1. gnome

gnome

Yea, damn thing's so bright I had to tone it down. I set contrast = 100 and brightness = 40. Very nice, I'd say. Sharp convergence edge-to-edge. If it hold's up, it will turn out to have been a steal!

#11     Jan 19, 2003
  2. BCE

BCE

Thanks for the heads up gnome :) I remember buying a TV from Circuit City about 15 years ago that had a full range of advanced features, high resolution, and was priced at about 60% of TV's with similar features. Had it for years and it worked great. So you never know. The 3 year warranty should do the trick.

#12     Jan 19, 2003
  3. thanks...!

#13     Jan 19, 2003
  4. igsi

igsi

I beg to differ. To me, that deal does not look to good. Here is why. There are two rebates, one from CompUSA and one from GVision (manufacturer). Some people do not know that but the rebates do not come from manufacturers or from retailers. They come from rebates processing companies. These two rebates will be processed by a company called TCA Fulfillment Services located in New Rochelle, NY. Check out these two links or search the WWW for the reference:
    http://www.newyork.bbb.org/nis/newsearch2.asp?ID=1&strBCode=01210000&ComID=0121000000043114
    http://online.wsj.com/article_email/0,,SB1023755191634939720,00.html
    I'd never buy anything with rebates that go to TCA unless I'd be satisfied with price before rebates. The risks make any deal a lot less interesting and therefore not worthy.

#14     Jan 20, 2003
  5. BCE

BCE

I've received a number of rebates for items I've bought at CompUSA. It sometimes takes a while - 2-3 months but they did come. Unfortunately the $30 one I received for Norton AntiVirus Pro I misplaced and thought I had 90 days to cash and it turned out to be only 60 days. Unfortunately it expired the day I found it on a Sunday and became worthless. Oooops. :)

#15     Jan 20, 2003
  6. cartm

cartm

www.pricewatch.com ............is probably the best site I have seen to get the best deals on tech stuff, lcd's etcetera. I know many of you use this but there are some who have never heard of it , hope it helps:) ciao

#16     Jan 20, 2003
  7. gnome

gnome

1. At $279 without rebate, it's probably a steal, depending on longevity.
    2. If you ever get a product with a rebate at CompUSA and if you don't get the rebate (and can verify you complied with the rebate requirements by having copies of everything), CompUSA will go into their pocket to honor it... so they have told me at a local Denver store. :cool:

PS I checked the BBB complaint page... 118 complaints in last 12 months. Out of what...10's of thousands or hundreds of thousands rebate requests? Not significant.

#17     Jan 20, 2003
  8. igsi

igsi

Last summer CompUSA changed their rebate processing company from Continental Promotions Group (CGP) to TCA. So, "past experience is no indication of future performance".

#18     Jan 20, 2003
  9. igsi

igsi

Without rebate it's $529 and $529 is a rip off.

So, you believe whatever sales people tell you, think that nothing bad will happen to you and willing to deal with company kicked out of BBB because it's not significant. I must say that I envy your young age or your incredible luck whatever is the reason to your beliefs.

#19     Jan 20, 2003
  10. Can someone that knows monitors take a look at this an offer a suggestion.

I am interested in a quad flatpannel setup, the one below is obviously nice but it's 4700 dollars. There has to be away to build it yourself cheaper right?

http://www.massmultiples.com/mass_multiples/c4q18_quad.htm

I also noticed that one of the echo offices has a quad setup with what looks like 15-17 inch planar lcd's that fit nicely on a small desk.

If anyone from there knows what that setup costs please post.

thankyou.

http://www.echotradeonline.com/locations/pages/ts4.htm

#20     Jan 20, 2003