Kobe is an adulterer...at a minimum

Discussion in 'Politics' started by OPTIONAL777, Jul 18, 2003.

1. if she really was raped, then i agree, she should come forward.

i'm just saying, unless there is overwhelming proof, i wouldn't send him to jail.

imo, it's better to let a guilty man go free than send an innocent man to jail.

anyway, if i was on the jury, i would be more aware of the facts and i would see the people testify. i would have a better opinion than i do now. i am not making any judgements at this point.

ROCK

p. s. if i was kobe, i would have fooled around with the 19 year old, too (if she wanted to).

#31     Jul 19, 2003
  2. Well, she obviously went up to his room for some reason, but keep in mind she was an employee of the hotel and therefore not your typical "groupie" - another strike against Kobe in a trial.

#32     Jul 19, 2003
  3. This is the end of the Wilt Chamberlain era...Any athlete with 30,000 women better have as much cash as George Soras to pay off his legal fees and out of court settlements.

#33     Jul 19, 2003
  4. nitro

nitro

Well, what I don't understand is how people like Dennis Rodman, or Wilt Chamberlain, can get away with their personnas if there are rape stalkers like this girl. Compared to those guys, Kobe is a virgin.

The sad truth is the "bad" mixture that these two people represent as examples of the problems in this world. Some guy that thinks so little of himself to try and have sex with a nineteen year old girl, and no less on a "first date." The other is the low self esteem girl that thinks that these celebrity sports figures or otherwise are anything other than normal human beings.

nitro

#34     Jul 19, 2003
  5. well said

#35     Jul 19, 2003
  6. It is probably because you don't know what trust is in a realtionship that you don't understand the concept of fidelity in a relationship.

From everything I have read that you have written, I could never recommend that a woman place her trust in you in a relationship of any kind.

#36     Jul 19, 2003
  7. Imo 20+ years ago people had a tendency to deal with this kind of rape/incest, etc. with much more reluctance. The swept it under the carpet. Now the cultural tide has shifted and with the media boasting of settlement figures, it's another way to win the lottery. (I'm not saying that it's true for that girl of course...)

But yes it's tragic in all ways and I'll tell you one thing: if I ever get really successful at trading and 20,000 shares is an "odd" lot for me - noone's going to know.

#37     Jul 19, 2003
  8. i don't think there's anything bad about it.

people "use" eachother for different reasons.

if 2 people want to fuck, who cares what their reasons are. might as well have some fun while you're alive..CUZ UR GONNA BE DEAD A LONG TIME!!

ROCK

#38     Jul 19, 2003
  9. i feel bad for girls that like me, too. lol

but hey, i'm just irresistible.

anyway, birds don't get married..why should i??

ROCK

#39     Jul 19, 2003
  10. I've read some amazing posts on this thread.

First, in reply to Rock Solid's tirade about rape, religion and marriage, let me just say the following. When someone enters into a marriage (Christian marriage in this example), it is assumed that you are doing so because you believe in that faith.

Amazingly, personal responsibility for one's own actions seems to be evaporating. If you want to get "a little on the side," then you realize that you are doing so in direct contradiction to the morals and values that you have prescribed to previously. In more simple terms, you cannot have your cake and eat it to. Too many people are "part-time" believers in any religion that they follow.

Now, regarding rape --

There is a true story of an SGA president at a high-school who was well liked by most of his peers. He was a gentleman, got very high grades and was one of the better players on the football team. He was an "all-around" great guy. Well, apparently he also liked to have sex with girls, regardless of whether they wanted to or not. The term "date-rape" basically is used in situations where the victim knows the rapist rather well. One girl who was raped by this person came out and accused him of rape.

What happened?

Nobody believed her. She was ridiculed, threatened and shunned by the student body. It got so bad that she had to withdraw and fight a lengthy court battle. Eventually, evidence came forward that proved her case and showed that this individual had, in fact, raped other women.

I don't think this girl would come out and claim rape simply for the publicity. That is the last thing she wants. Think about this -- a lot of people love Kobe. He's a great player. If her name got out in the papers, she would be threatened along with her family.

This could be a situation where she gave him signals and then decided that she did not want to go through with it. There could be a lot of scenarios that played out, including the use of alcohol, drugs, etc.

Bottom line -- He is innocent until proven guilty. She has a right to make a case against him. If it is proven that any woman knowingly tried to frame a celebrity with rape, I feel they should get the same maximum penalty that the man would have received.

#40     Jul 19, 2003