Kobe is an adulterer...at a minimum

Discussion in 'Politics' started by OPTIONAL777, Jul 18, 2003.

1. Rearden Metal and FPC,

i have a problem, though. i'm not always consistent and it bugs me.

for example, look at my previous post. now, nature didn't make me wear clothes, but i wear clothes. however, i don't think there is anything wrong with nudity at all.

i guess i'm not really inconsistent, since i do believe nudity is ok. obviously not all things in society advance at the same time. for example, the concept of marriage will probably die first. then after that, girls will be wearing less and less clothing in public. i'm just guessing...

MAN, WHAT A SETBACK RELIGION HAS BEEN FOR THE HUMAN RACE!! WE HAVE CENTURIES OF BOGUS BELIEFS TO DO AWAY WITH!!!! :-/

ROCK

#21     Jul 19, 2003
  2. SI.com: The entire episode seems to contradict the image Bryant has portrayed to us throughout his career. Do you agree?

McCallum: The one thing that Kobe has said through the press about this is, "You guys know me, I shouldn't have to say anything. You know I would never do something like that." Well, that isn't' true. Do we really know any of these guys? No. And we really don't know Kobe. He's a phantom behind dark glasses and incredible ability, and it's his right as an American to keep his private life secret and he's done that. However, his teammates don't really talk to him a lot. He has not spoken to new teammates Karl Malone and Gary Payton, as Shaquille O'Neal has. Kobe has not welcomed them into the fraternity, which isn't surprising. He doesn't do that. Although he has a pretty positive image, he won't have 10 teammates leaping to his defense and saying, "This isn't the Kobe I know." To a certain extent, we don't really know the private guy and his teammates don't, either.

#22     Jul 19, 2003
  3. Gordon, why don't you just post under your normal handle?

#23     Jul 19, 2003
  4. nitro

nitro

Isn't it just his word against hers? I don't get it? How can anyone prove rape as opposed to consentual sex if the girl came up to his room?

nitro :confused: :confused:

#24     Jul 19, 2003
  5. i thought i was FPC? you people don't know who i am..

I AM ROCK SOLID!!!!!!!!!

ROCK

#25     Jul 19, 2003
  6. i will tell you right now... if i was on the jury, THERE BETTER BE OVERWHELMING PROOF IN FAVOR OF THE GIRL FOR ME TO SEND A GUY TO JAIL FOR RAPE. and the girl better have reported it right away, too.

ROCK

#26     Jul 19, 2003
  7. My work gets satellite news and they offered some additional circumstantial evidence: she was heard to be screaming in the room, she left the room disheveled and she called police immediately. Of course, it would be possible to do an acting job and set him up, but the media is making it seem unlikely. It's still his word against hers, but he's going to have a brutal trial.

He'll probably get off even if he's guilty though. Cnnsi has an interesting link detailing the history of superstar athletes accused of rape:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/more/news/2003/07/18/the_accused/

#27     Jul 19, 2003
  8. Yes, without a witness, it is his word against hers.

Bryant doesn't dispute sex with her.

She may have been bruised and beaten, but he is a big guy and it could have been consensual sex.

The issue for the jury to decide is this:

One of these people are lying. Either she is lying, or he is lying.

Why would he lie? Well, that is obvious, right?

What about her? Why would she make it up?

The testimony of witnesses will mean a lot, those who examined her after the incident can appear credible.

We don't know if some evidence of prior violence during sex from one of Kobe's past lovers isn't going to come out which would be bad for Kobe.

We don't know what might come out about this girl, perhaps a conversation she had with someone when she talked about taking advantage of a rich man, etc.

Bottom line is credibility. Credibility is what is always on trial in these situations. Who is the jury going to believe?

Why would you believe her word over his, or vice versa?

The fact that they are taking this to trial means the D.A. must believe her story to some extent, as the physical evidence on its own is very difficult to prove a rape over rough consensual sex.

#28     Jul 19, 2003
  9. It happened late at night, she was 19 years old and freaked out. She told other people, and went to the police in the morning. She did everything you would expect a rape victim to do.

Do you know anyone who has ever been raped before? If not, you have no idea how brave this girl is if in fact she was raped.

#29     Jul 19, 2003
  10. Anyone checked her association with other NBA teams? :D

#30     Jul 19, 2003