Kobe Bryant Mug Shot

Discussion in 'Politics' started by OPTIONAL777, Jul 12, 2003.

1. [​IMG]

Photo taken when Bryant turned himself in

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Associated Press

EAGLE, Colo. -- In the first release of documents surrounding the arrest of Los Angeles Lakers star Kobe Bryant, officials made a mug shot available Friday on the Internet.

Kobe Bryant's booking photo, taken July 4.

Eagle County Sheriff Joe Hoy released the photo taken when Bryant turned himself in July 4 on suspicion of sexual assault.

Media organizations had challenged Hoy's effort to keep the mug shot from public viewing. Hoy said he made the photo available on the advice of attorneys.

The low-resolution picture on the sheriff's Web site shows the 24-year-old looking directly into the camera. He is wearing what appears to be a white shirt or a warmup jacket with black stripes on the shoulders.

A decision on whether to charge Bryant with sexually assaulting a 19-year-old woman will not be announced until sometime next week.

Neither Eagle County District Attorney Mark Hurlbert nor Bryant's Denver-based attorney, Pamela Mackey, returned phone calls Friday.

Several news organizations, including The Associated Press, complained about the picture's quality. Hoy immediately refused requests to release better copies.

Bryant a five-time NBA All-Star, is accused of attacking the woman at an area hotel June 30. Officials at the Lodge & Spa at Cordillera in Edwards say Bryant, who was in Colorado for knee surgery at a Vail clinic, was a guest there June 30-July 2. Bryant's attorney said he is innocent.

Both Bryant and his accuser went to hospitals after the alleged attack, authorities said. They declined to discuss details.

The case was ordered sealed by Judge Russell Granger at the request of the sheriff. ``I wanted to preserve the defendant's right to a fair trial,'' Granger said Tuesday.

The sheriff has said the media attention given to the case was "mind-boggling."

2. He looks like a Buddist Monk on crack with that little dot between his eyebrows.

But I support Kobe.

3. Buddhist Monk?

I saw it a bit differently....

[​IMG]

4. LOL!!!!

5. From this:

[​IMG]

to this:

[​IMG]

6. Two questions:

1. Why haven't we seen the spin control press conference with Kobe yet, you know, the one with his wife and child at his side to keep alive the image of all American hero.

2. Has his wife hired a divorce attorney yet?

7. With all due respect…
    You are the Ayatollah of Drivel

May you implode as
    entropy increases within your deteriorating soul

8. A bit premature to be labeling Kobe as a rapist/sexual predator isn't it?

He's hardly a Jailblazer (yet)....

9. Well, he might not be a rapist but he's sure a P.I.M.P. with a Magic Twig...

10. 'It will all be fine'

Bryant pledges innocence in first interview
    Posted: Sunday July 13, 2003 2:54 AM
    Updated: Sunday July 13, 2003 2:55 AM

ATLANTA (SI.com) -- Lakers guard Kobe Bryant declared his innocence in a brief interview with the Los Angeles Times on Saturday.

It was the first time Bryant has spoken publicly about the charges, eight days after being arrested and booked on suspicion of felony sexual assault in Eagle County, Colo.

"When everything comes clean, it will all be fine, you'll see," Bryant said during a brief telephone interview.

Bryant declined to discuss the case, but said, "But you guys know me, I shouldn't have to say anything. You know I would never do something like that."

He sounded surprised at the rumors being spread about that night.

"Man, there's a lot of crazy stories out there," he said.

Bryant, 24, is accused of attacking a woman at an area hotel on June 30. Officials at the Lodge & Spa at Cordillera in Edwards, 40 miles east of Glenwood Springs, say Bryant was a guest June 30-July 2.

The alleged attack was reported to Eagle County law enforcement officials on July 1.

Bryant, a five-time NBA All-Star, surrendered to authorities on July 4 and was released after posting $25,000 bond. Bryant's attorney, Pamela Mackey, said her client was in Colorado for surgery.

Both Bryant and his accuser went to hospitals after the alleged attack, authorities said. They declined to discuss details.

A decision on whether to charge Bryant will not be announced until sometime next week.

#10     Jul 13, 2003