knox - guilty or not?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by FredBloggs, Dec 17, 2009.

1. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

2. I don't think so. I think the Italians are f'd up.

3. Might be okay to bang...just don't fall asleep!

[​IMG]

4. I followed this one since it happened and it is hard to say really. She definitely got a bad rap in the media and a lot of things that were reported about the case were in retrospect untrue. The prosecution's theory about a sex orgy attack makes no sense at all to me and there is a lack of forensic evidence from Amanda at the scene that you would usually expect to see after such a violent attack.

However, here is the two main points that trouble me about her being completely innocent:

1) She confessed to being at the house and implicated an innocent man ( her boss at the time, Patrick Lumumba) as being the killer. Why would she say he was the killer in the first place if not to divert attention away from the real killers? Here is her words from the statement to police:

"I don't remember if my friend Meredith was already there or whether she came later. What I can say is that the two of them (Meredith and Patrick) went off together... Patrick and Meredith went off together into Meredith's room while I think I stayed in the kitchen. I can't remember how long they were in the bedroom together, I can only say that at a certain point I heard Meredith screaming and I was so frightened I put my fingers in my ears. I don't remember anything after that, my head is really confused. I don’t remember if Meredith called out or if I heard thuds because I was upset, but I can imagine what was happening...I'm not sure whether Raffaele was there too that evening but I do remember waking up at his house in his bed and that in the morning I went back to where I lived, where I found the door open."

2) She has no concrete alibi for the night of the killing and both she and her boyfriend have changed their stories about where they were and what they were doing that night. At first she said she was at her boyfriend's house all night. He said that he spent the night alone.

If Amanda would have kept her mouth shut and not acted so bizarrely right after the murders and her alibi was somewhat believable she could have probably been acquitted. There was enough reasonable doubt already in the case and Guede had already been convicted of the killing. Besides, the prosecution never established any link with Knox/Sollecito and Guede. Without Amanda's help convicting herself their case would have fallen apart pretty quickly.

5. Pekelo

Pekelo

3.) Buying bleach right after a bloody murder is either incredibly bad luck or sign of guilt....

6. Yeah, the store owner testimony about buying the bleach was damaging but a female employee of the store said she didn't see Amanda in the store at all that morning. I think she probably was buying it personally but her attorneys did a decent job countering that testimony.

There were also reports that video cameras near the house caught Amanda at the flat that night when she said she was not home all night but there was never produced at the trial. It is hard to know what to believe in these sensational media stories. Also, the Italian system allows jurors to follow the case in the media which was very slanted and inaccurate against Amanda from the start.

I think she had something to do with this personally but I can't say how/why it happened and what her role was. It was one of the stranger cases I can remember following that's for sure.

7. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

"Knox was found guilty because of the inconsistencies in her defence, and because her DNA was found on the supposed murder weapon."

seems like they never even had the weapon for sure.

anyway, having dna on your own kitchen knives hardly proves anything does it?

i think the catholic italians and their ultra conservative attitude towards sex didn't do the chick any favours. the media sure gave the impression she was quite boastful about her sexual conquests. neither did also putting on the contradictory image of being a sweet little girl - often dressing in white, putting her fingers in her ear to 'block the sound of the screams' etc.

8. http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/06/10/an-innocent-abroad/

An excerpt below:

One explanation comes from Douglas Preston, a prominent best-selling American author who lived in the Florentine hills while researching a book about a serial killer never found, “The Monster of Florence,” co-authored by Italian journalist Mario Spezi.

After the serial murders stopped, a prosecutor decided to reopen the case. His theory was that the killer or killers were Satanists from an ancient cult that harvested body parts. That prosecutor is the same one in the Knox case – Giuliano Mignini.

“One day I’m walking down the streets of Florence when my cell phone rings,” said Preston in an interview. “They say, ‘This is the police – we’re coming to get you.’” For three hours, the author was interrogated by Mignini about possible connections to the case. His phone calls with co-author Spezi had been wiretapped, and Mignini asked him to explain things. Preston said he was told he must confess to perjury or obstruction of justice.

“I’m not the kind of person who could be broken down,” said Preston. “But now I’m terrified. My wife and kids are out having lunch, and I’m thinking I’m never going to see them again.”

Preston is indicted – Mignini has that power – but then told he can go free if he leaves Italy. The author departs the next day, banished, humiliated and deeply troubled.

Fast forward to the Amanda Knox interrogations. She’s 20, hardly a world sophisticate, who spoke only passable Italian at the time. Mignini used the same methods – a pattern now coming to light in the misconduct case against him, in which he is accused by a Florentine judge of intimidation and wiretapping journalists and other perceived enemies. He has denied any misconduct. When Preston looked at the case against Amanda Knox, he saw a rogue prosecutor and a miscarriage of justice.

“There was no evidence,” he said. “I realized it was all bogus. Mignini believes that Satan walks the land and anyone who is against him must be working for the other side.”

9. Take a look at this:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44668677/ns/world_news-europe/?GT1=43001

The two officers detaining Knox in the photo are guilty of far worse crimes than she is accused of, but that is me "judging a book by it's cover."

Remind me never to go to Italy...they got some kind of crazy legal system over there. Just sayin'. :mad:

10. Amanda Knox did cartwheels and splits at police station after Meredith Kercher murder.

----------------

Fuckin wierdo. Nothing against being wierd but when your freedom's on the line....:cool:

#10     Sep 26, 2011