Know when you are turning PRO

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by alex.samant, Oct 31, 2007.

1. Austin,

Ya IB is pretty solid, I've had a few hicups with Tradestation though.

Anek

#11     Oct 31, 2007
  2. <i>"Ya IB is pretty solid, I've had a few hicups with Tradestation though."</i>

Since 2005 I've used Mirus broker, Dorman clearing and Ninja - Zen-Fire combo.

Never once have I lost connectivity where it was on their end. A few times I had the platform lag or freeze when tech issues were on my end.

Any time I need the trade desk, one or two rings has a live person with my account info (and every single client) on screen in front of them. Trade desk = risk management has every active account visible in real time at a glance. No need to ever put me on hold, etc... it's all right there.

If electronic platform goes down, I can be offset on the floor as needed. Really, there is little that can happen in the markets or inside my office that cannot be hedged or closed within minutes, no lag or hassle with poor customer service.

I hear about issues other traders have thru brokers with poor desk help (or none at all) and things like that. Cannot imagine trading with inferior service, no reason to in this day & age.

Disclaimer: no affiliation or renumeration with Mirus of any kind.

#12     Oct 31, 2007
  3. Trading with Mirus must be trading with God then...lol...
    They are infallable... You better hope and pray they are.
    With the money you claim to have, having a second broker
    should be no biggie. It's like having insurance...

And you DO have an affiliation with Mirus.

You have a direct link to them on your website.

Must be nice to know that if Mirus goes down for half a day YOU will be
    the first one who gets his phone call answered. You must be special!
    (Maybe they only have 5 clients, I don't know).

P.S. If you have to offset using the floor as you say, then you also have
    "dead" money sitting idle don't you? Or does Mirus do it for free?

If you ask me, your above posts reek of "Mirus" spam...

#13     Nov 1, 2007
  4. Surdo

Surdo

I still have minimal respect for your opinions after that dog and pony show in PURETICK a few months ago.

I doubt you even trade 1/10th the size you claimed in that room, NEET.

el surdo

#14     Nov 1, 2007
  5. You got it all backwards.

I'm a lousy trader and paper trade because all my funds are gone so I come to ET forums looking for guidance.

Can't wait to go back to trading 1 car lots maybe one day I become like you Surdo and make lots and lots of money so I can afford leisure time to post useful information in ET.

You can only wish.

#15     Nov 1, 2007
  6. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

Surdo, there is absolutely no benefit in knowing other people's account size, end of. There is benefit in other people's knowledge on the other hand. Now, whether that knowledge can be implemented by another person is a different matter as that would be down to not just actual experience, but a person's ability to control emotions.

Let's all be humble, let's all be polite to one another, there is way too much shit happening in this world for us to be joining in and creating bad karma even more bad.

"Love is all you need"...sure sounds good :) (& money).

#16     Nov 1, 2007
  7. Surdo

Surdo

All ask for is the truth!

good trading and karma to you Bro!

el surdo

#17     Nov 1, 2007
  8. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

That's all the same, truth or lie would not benefit you :)

#18     Nov 1, 2007
  9. isn't it pretty weird that when a post about turning "pro" actually degenerated into a nonsense discussion...?

:)

#19     Nov 1, 2007
  10. <i>"If you ask me, your above posts reek of "Mirus" spam..."</i>

version, we've exchanged pleasant emails in the past where you self-admit you enjoy combative conversation here. I happen to think you're a nice guy, but your history of posts is just one counter-jab after another. So I'll just take this one as you doing what you enjoy doing inside ET.

With that in mind, let me repeat myself. I have zero renumeration from Mirus of any kind. They don't pay me one dime for anything, nor is my commission structure any different than what you would get.

Now, let's compare my unsolicited referrals to many of the IB guys here doing the exact-same thing. You'd think IB was the god of brokers way it is defended by many in other threads. What's their dog in the hunt? Ownership in common stock? I personally have no experience with or opinion of IB. Some think it's perfect judging from their positive posts. Maybe so.

Facts remain unchanged. I'm merely a client with no fiscal ties of any kind. I've never had an outage on Ninja - ZenFire side.

Mirus happens to be the risk management part of that equation. I've seen their back-office with my own eyes, as have a number of ET posters here.

That's the beginning and end of this conversation. Consider my post earlier the exact-same message as countless IB users touting how perfect that brokerage is.

To each their own

#20     Nov 1, 2007