Know Thu Self :)

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by harrytrader, Feb 2, 2003.

1. You might find a little more of interest from the results of the personality tests on www.emode.com Their tests at least are based on the answers that you give them rather than numerology.

The other members they have matched me with seem to value intelligence and individuality more than those on the average matching site. I don't know if that's because the personality tests really work, or because their questionnaire molds the answers, or because the people that choose to try that site in the first place tend to value inteligence and creativity more than the average personals site member. But it's definitely a fact that far fewer of the profiles I have read there have "lol" written throughout them than the average personals ads usually have.
    (lol = "I have nothing to say, and no opinion on anything")

#11     Feb 3, 2003
  2. I remember once having given back a psychologic test paper saying that I won't answer questions based on tests that was created at the beginning of this century for detecting mad people :D

I am most interested in hasard that's why I found amusing the answers of the software above. Apart from that I don't really bother trying to discover myself through tests or numerology or astrology because I think I know myself enough. In fact I think you'd rather know yourself through your actions than through you think you are. The problem is the constraints of life doesn't always permit to realise you fully as you would like, I say that because it seems there are many gifted people that would like to do many things for humanity and can't and so feel depressed. I sometimes feel helpless also and it is true that I would like to retire as a monk ... or rather a monk trader so as not to cope any more with all the furies of the world: that's also one of the details of the report that was exact :p. The only thing that prevents me from doing it is the person with whom I am.

#12     Feb 3, 2003
  3. I read that here

http://www.gifted-resource-centre.org/MoralAwareness.html

http://www.gifted-resource-centre.org/

#13     Feb 3, 2003
  4. To see if it gives something different, I tried with Einstein (birth date March 14, 1879) :
    Your Life Path is 15/6

Albert, you possess great compassion and seek to be of service to others. You have
    concern for the weak and the downtrodden. You are a healer and a helper to others. You
    are capable of giving comfort to those in need and will frequently offer a shoulder for
    others to cry on.
    Your task in life is to develop the tools necessary to be truly helpful to others, rather
    than to simply be a sympathetic ear. You must find the balance between help and
    interference. In the same way, you must learn the delicate art of the counselor who
    knows when to leave the struggle to others and when to avoid taking away the necessary
    experiences and lessons of life.
    You are naturally balanced. Therefore, you are well equipped to support and ground
    others in times of trial.
    It is in your nature to take on responsibility -- you often fill the void left by others -- and
    do not turn away from personal sacrifice. At times, you may feel overburdened by the
    travails of others. However, the love others bestow upon you is your well deserved
    reward.
    Albert, you try to maintain harmony within the family or group, balancing and fusing
    divergent forces. You seek marriage and are often a wonderful parent, offering warmth,
    protection, and understanding to children.
    You are generous, kind, and attractive. You are often admired even adored which
    baffles you. You are humble and yet you carry a deep pride. You move well and
    gracefully, but will have to work to stay in shape. Seek out physical exercise and limit the
    sweets and dairy you crave to keep yourself from becoming plump and round.
    When young, you must be careful not to choose partners for the wrong reasons. Do
    not let sentimentality influence your decision, especially those involving the choice of a
    spouse. You need to be needed, but must learn to discriminate between those you can
    help and others who are made weaker by your care.
    After all, it is in your nature to be attracted to the weaker brothers and sisters among
    us.
    The temptation, and the danger for you, is to think of yourself as the savior of the
    world, carrying the burdens of others on your shoulders.
    Albert, you are blessed with musical talent, as well as in the visual and performing
    arts. However, your creativity may well be suppressed due to your willingness to
    sacrifice, or your inability to fully appreciate your talents. This is not to say that you
    cannot excel in these areas; on the contrary, you have the talent, and with effort you can
    make a success in a number of artistic fields.
    You also have enormous talent in business. You are blessed with a great deal of
    charm and charisma, which you use effectively to attract the people and support you
    need.

Page 7
    BIRTHDAY

The day you were born bears great significance in understanding who you are and
    where your talents lie. The day of birth indicates some special talent you possess. It is a
    gift to you that will help you along your Life's Path. Your day of birth is one of your four
    core numbers -- the Life Path, Expression, and Heart’s Desire being the other three. It is
    the least significant of the four core numbers, but perhaps the most finite, in that it
    reveals a specific ability you possess in a marked degree.
    Your Birthday is 14

You love change, excitement, and travel. Albert, you easily become bored and need
    the new and the exotic to feel stimulated and alive. You are highly adaptable, which
    makes change easy for you.
    You have a gift with words and likely possess much talent as a writer or an editor.
    You are highly social and work well with others as long as there are not too many
    restrictions to bind you. You get restless easily, a characteristic that can make you
    change vocations or relationships much too quickly. Major changes in your life should be
    studied well before you make them.
    You can be over-confident and headstrong, but you also tend to be lucky and a natural
    gambler.
    Underlying your love of change is much insecurity. Beneath an exterior of calm or
    coolness lies much emotional turbulence, which reflects itself in your life as rapid change
    and mercurial mood swings.
    Your challenge is to ground in a particular profession or lifestyle that will provide limits
    and form for your considerable creativity.
    You are exceedingly versatile and talented. There are few things you cannot do. You
    are also industrious, once you have made a commitment to a specific task. The key to
    your success is balance. Albert, you must avoid making major changes just to escape
    the routine, or as a means of avoiding responsibility for difficult situations.
    You have a quick and analytical mind. You are original and practical, but can be
    erratic. You have to force yourself to finish projects once they are started.
    You must avoid the pitfalls of over-indulgence, such as sex, alcohol, drugs, and food.
    By grounding in a particular field and committing your considerable talents to your
    work, you can make a great success of your life.
    Your Expression is 27/9

Albert, you are the humanitarian. You are attracted to a cause or a movement whose
    purpose is to make a better world. You are extremely idealistic, sometimes to the point
    of being naive about people or methods. You have great compassion and seek to create
    a more humane society. You are drawn to those who suffer physically or are at the hand
    of injustice. You are the righter of wrongs. Your deepest intention is to transform the
    world.

You are willing to sacrifice in order to advance your cause. Indeed, this seems to be a
    theme in your life. From time to time, you find yourself involved in a project whose very
    life depends upon your willingness to sacrifice something that relates directly to your ego.
    You are highly idealistic. You are also a visionary, with the ability to influence and
    direct the masses. Deep inside, you long for the love and approval of the many, and
    seek fame.
    Part of your hunger for fame has to do with your need for validation; you are your own
    harshest critic.
    Albert, you realize your greatest satisfaction when you are involved in some activity
    that directly benefits the public good. Politics, law, protection of the environment,
    teaching, and healing are areas in which you would succeed.
    You have a broad view of humanity and are not shackled with prejudice. You should
    have friends and associates from all walks of life, all colors and religious backgrounds.
    People fascinate and enrich you. A wide diversity of people and experiences stimulate
    and bring forth qualities within you that would otherwise lay dormant.
    You have an abundance of artistic talent. Many with your Expression number find
    themselves in the arts, especially in literature, painting, and the visual and performing
    arts.
    Page 9
    The number 9 indicates the completion of a cycle or a block of learning. The 9
    Expression suggests that you have reached the point where a breakthrough can occur;
    during this lifetime you can apply all that you have learned along your evolutionary path
    and complete a major stage in your development. This is why we find many geniuses
    with the 9 Expression.
    You have the ability to synthesize many diverse bits of knowledge into a unified whole.
    Albert, your appearance is important. You are keenly aware of how others perceive
    you. As a result, others see you as a person with a great deal of control. Conversely,
    you are charismatic. Despite the cool and distant personality you project, people are
    attracted to you.
    You tend to express your love somewhat impersonally. You tend to be preoccupied
    with your vision or cause, and sometimes overlook the needs of those closest to you.
    You need to be reminded to give your love more personally and more openly. Ironically,
    you are a very loving and sincere person, but often neglect to express what you truly feel.
    In the same way, you can overlook your own needs. You can avoid sharing of your
    deeper feelings, creating a reservoir of emotion. You tend to postpone your personal
    satisfaction in favor of some larger work. Try to be more spontaneous and courageous
    about showing your real self, including your vulnerability.
    Your basic belief in the goodness of humanity is unshakable. This causes you to
    encourage the best in people, but occasionally makes you vulnerable to being taken
    advantage of. You are not a very good judge of character.
    The surest way to personal satisfaction is for you to become part of some larger social
    cause. Your nature is to serve. You are happiest when you feel you are helping to
    advance the human race.

#14     Feb 8, 2004
  5. Your Minor Expression is 27/9

The influence of this number makes you more concerned with the well-being of others.
    Albert, your Minor Expression number increases your sensitivity to the needs of society.
    Page 10
    You feel an urge to serve humanity in a more direct way.
    The number 9 helps you to better communicate and understand all types of people.
    You are more aware of your artistic talent and the need to express yourself. Your
    name opens you up to a larger view of life. It attunes you to political movements,
    philosophical theories, and spiritual practices. You are more sensitive to the larger
    patterns of humanity.

Your Heart's Desire is 7

Albert, you love knowledge, study, and insight. You value the gifts of your mind, which
    you use to great advantage to penetrate the mysteries of life. You study things in-depth.
    You search beneath the surface of things. You abhor shallow judgments or opinions.
    You have a natural gift for analysis and research. Once you have grasped the facts of
    a subject, your creativity and abstract approach lifts your thinking beyond the rudimentary
    to the philosophical. You have a theoretical mind, but rather than indulge in fantasies or
    idle thought, you prefer to base your theories upon scientific facts.
    Albert, you enjoy mental and physical puzzles -- figuring them out, taking them apart,
    and putting them back together.
    Some people may perceive you as cool or aloof. You are somewhat introverted; you
    may feel slightly removed and even a little different. The fantasy of the hermit or monk
    engaged in a life of study and meditation appeals to you.
    In relationships, you tend to keep things business-like and impersonal. You prefer to
    talk about the facts of a given situation, rather than the cloudier issues of emotions and
    personal feelings. You distrust feelings -- both your own and those of others. The whole
    emotional realm strikes you as unreliable, and a bit unnecessary.
    Albert, your inability to fully understand the emotional aspect of life is your Achilles heel.
    You are so rational that the unpredictability of the heart frightens and surprises you.
    Page 11
    Your challenge is to trust. You need to share your heart with someone. This is a
    courageous step for you, but will result in enormous growth and satisfaction.
    The advice here is to make a true connection with another human being. Without it,
    you may marry out of convenience or to fulfill social expectations, but it will not lead you
    out of loneliness. The more removed you are from people, the more you risk isolation,
    bitterness, and a cynical attitude toward life.
    This choice represents a true crossroads in your development. By sharing yourself
    with others (without compromising your independence and need for privacy) you can
    cultivate your enormous charm and share your understanding of life. You are a natural
    teacher and advisor. And the wealth of knowledge you will accumulate in life is meant to
    be shared with others.
    This is not to say that you must compromise on your need for privacy or time spent
    alone to contemplate life. These are natural aspects of your personality, which are
    essential to your growth. These characteristics should not be threatening to your
    spouse, but must be understood as fundamental to your being.
    Albert, you are blessed with a great reserve of intuition, which can be cultivated by
    regular meditation and contemplation. Your "inner voice" is your greatest guide and
    friend.
    You are idealistic and have high expectations for yourself. Learn to balance your
    serious nature with regular doses of fun.
    Your intelligence and cultivation make you charming and distinguished in appearance.
    As you get older and more comfortable with your identity, people are naturally attracted to
    you. They see your wisdom, your deep understanding of life, and the refinement you
    radiate.
    Your Minor Heart's Desire is 7

Your shortened name increases your desire to study, focus, and specialize in one
    particular field. It increases your need for privacy, contemplation, and meditation. You
    Page 12
    turn inward more and reflect on your inner nature. You are also more likely to ponder the
    deeper questions of life.
    Albert, your Minor Heart's Desire enhances your intelligence and ability to deal with
    abstract information. You may find yourself expressing a kind of off-beat humor, as well.
    Sevens are highly refined and intuitive. They do not take things at face value, but seek
    the depths of understanding.
    Your Personality is 11/2

Albert, you appear friendly and unpretentious. You have a soft and warm exterior.
    Others perceive you as gentle, safe harbor. People are drawn to you because, among
    other reasons, you appear warm and unthreatening.
    Your dress is neat and clean. Albert, your clothing should be comfortable, soft, and
    flowing. You should avoid plain and understated clothes. Make an effort to be a little
    more daring and exciting in your appearance. This will balance nicely with your
    perceptive and open personality.
    The opposite sex is attracted to your gentle and attentive nature, yet senses the
    passion beneath your surface. You have sex appeal.
    Exercise is important to your appearance and to promote the level of strength you
    radiate.
    You are very patient and understanding, and a wonderful listener. You make others
    feel important and loved.
    You are sensitive and become tense in a disharmonious atmosphere. You have
    experienced quite a bit of negative criticism as a child, which made you shy growing up.
    Page 13
    Though you may be well past that shyness, a bit of the vulnerability has remained with
    you and is often sensed by others.
    Albert, you are a peacemaker. Arguments leave you drained. People sense your
    desire for harmony. But you must avoid being the blank tablet for others' projections.
    People may underestimate your strength, but this is a mistake. You are strong. You
    bend, but don't break.
    You have a fine sense of beauty and excellent taste. There is a grace in your
    movements, reflecting your keen sense of harmony and refinement.
    Your Maturity is 15/6

As you mature, you will become increasingly concerned with the well-being of family,
    friends, and community. Albert, you will be drawn to the role as healer, counselor, and
    teacher. You have a growing ability to give comfort and sound advice to those in need.
    You naturally assume the role of patriarch or matriarch of those in your care, no matter
    how old they are. You become more responsible and protective. You may well become
    involved in environmental protection, volunteer work or politics.
    You are naturally idealistic and strive to realize those ideals as you grow in maturity
    and in personal resources.
    Your careful and balanced approach to business and financial matters provides you
    with sound and secure success later in life. The 6 maturity number provides an
    outstanding financial foundation for the future.
    In addition, the influence of the 6 promises an old age surrounded by loved ones.
    For those who have few 6s in the chart, or none at all, this Maturity Number promises
    the close relationships that you have strived for most of your life.

#15     Feb 8, 2004
  6. Bwwahhhh again a humanitarian. Can someone who don't feel he is a humanitrian makes the test so as to see if this software doesn't say to everybody that he is a humanitarian :D.

#16     Feb 8, 2004
  7. "I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time."

"You are not here merely to make a living. You are here in order to
    enable the world to live more amply, with greater vision, with a finer spirit of hope and achievement. You are here to enrich the world, and you impoverish yourself if you forget the errand."

As a trader I sometimes question if I am making this world a better place. When its judgement day I'll tell god that I provided liquidity...

#17     Feb 8, 2004
  8. Liquidity ... for the Great Flood ? :D
    Don't forget the Ark of Noah also :)

#18     Feb 10, 2004
  9. Harry... I didn't bother to read your posts but...

Maybe just write a book.

#19     Feb 10, 2004
  10. I know myself: I won't be good at writing book, maybe for next life I will improve on that point :). If I find a writer that can do it maybe I can give him some ideas but it won't be really my book.

#20     Feb 11, 2004