Know someone who likes Jim Cramer?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by sevnseat, Jun 8, 2006.

1. sevnseat

sevnseat

I point out this here fine link, with some exerpts below from Feb 29th, 2000.

http://www.thestreet.com/funds/smarter/891820.html

You want winners? You want me to put my Cramer Berkowitz hedge fund hat on and just discuss what my fund is buying today to try to make money tomorrow and the next day and the next? You want my top 10 stocks for who is going to make it in the New World? You know what? I am going to give them to you. Right here. Right now.

OK. Here goes. Write them down -- no handouts here!: 724 Solutions (SVNX:Nasdaq - news), Ariba (ARBA:Nasdaq - news), Digital Island (ISLD:Nasdaq - news), Exodus (EXDS:Nasdaq - news), InfoSpace.com (INSP:Nasdaq - news), Inktomi (INKT:Nasdaq - news), Mercury Interactive (MERQ:Nasdaq - news), Sonera (SNRA:Nasdaq - news), VeriSign (VRSN:Nasdaq - news) and Veritas Software (VRTS:Nasdaq - news).

<b>Most of these companies don't even have earnings per share, so we won't have to be constrained by that methodology for quarters to come</b>

<b>To answer that question, you have to throw out all of the matrices and formulas and texts that existed before the Web. You have to throw them away because they can't make money for you anymore, and that is all that matters. We don't use price-to-earnings multiples anymore at Cramer Berkowitz. If we talk about price-to-book, we have already gone astray. If we use any of what Graham and Dodd teach us, we wouldn't have a dime under management. </b>

Really, there's tons more... You need to read the whole thing. It's hysterical. I'm off to find more recent stuff, when he LOVED PD, LOVED CAT. I mean. THEY'RE AMAZING! BOOYA. way to go off the cliff.

2. I've always wondered how Cramer does overall with his picks. I flip through the channels and watch him when i'm bored and want to see a monkey dancing around, but never had any interest in following him - does he tank more often than not?

3. Check out FNSR....another Cramer "special". :D

4. Fade that rat.

5. Beating a dead horse there aren't you. An article from 6 years ago? By a guy pushing out a dozen articles a day: long, short, hedged, loving this, hating that, bought it...... sold it........ bought it back, etc. It was a different era man.

Have you ever heard of something called "context".

He shorted many of those stocks just a few weeks later (if not a few days later).

6. CAT has done well relatively...

but i am sick of Cramer, certainly.

also he ate the BIG ONE on GG

7. spinn

spinn

Avalanche I am with you on that...you do have to look at context and I do wonder if Cramer makes money....but you would have to look at all of his trades not just five.

But another element of context would be that he recommended stocks......then shorted them "weeks if not days later".....using a proprietary method.

So if someone bought his buy recommendations, how would they know when to short? They should of just mailed him a check.

Great guy.....

I also wonder what percentage of his wealth comes from his joke of an IPO which opened as high as $72 and went as low as $1 but has come back a little.

Hes a parasite

8. One thing I've noticed, especially the more I learn, is that he seems to be a little wishy-washy about his methods...or at least with what he tells his viewers. Like the other day, he went off on some guy 'for being a chartist' because he was citing indicators, then the next show he was touting a price oscillator...???