Knock, Knock. We’re from the Government, and We Want Your Family’s Blood

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Banjo, May 5, 2020.

1. Banjo

Banjo

2. Cuddles

Cuddles

For actual, non-conspiracy reporting:

https://www.ajc.com/news/local/wher...have-had-virus-begins/4NKAdP7IEWCEqPX00iUz3H/

State and federal public health agencies plan to screen people in parts of Fulton and DeKalb counties over the next seven days for antibodies to the novel coronavirus to pinpoint who might have had COVID-19 and estimate how widely the virus has traveled.

The Atlanta-based Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and state and local health boards in both counties will visit 420 randomly selected households through May 4 seeking volunteers to give blood samples.

3. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Said it in the original article, even if the title is somewhat misleading:

People who live at the 420 randomly selected homes are free, Trubey writes, to refuse the questioning and blood drawing by the government inquisition and phlebotomy teams that show up at their front doors.

4. Banjo

Banjo

UsualName likes this.
  5. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

GWB, weren't you a big supporter of this guy Ferguson?

6. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Can you find any evidence that I was a big supporter of this guy Ferguson and his Imperial model?

Naturally references are found in a few of articles I posted. I mainly used it to show where Trump got his earlier 2.2 Million dead in the U.S. figure from in late March.

The U.S. has mainly been using the University of Washington and other domestic models.

Looks like Ferguson has now been "distanced" from his job and his married lover.

7. gaussian

gaussian

I see your point but having government agents show up at your door and having the presence of mind to say "fuck off" is a talent that is learned, not acquired at birth.

While Ron Paul's institute certainly has a spin, if these people weren't expecting nearly full unquestioned compliance due to being the government AND being at your door, they would probably ask volunteers to drive to their nearest blood bank and donate. That would be the "we respect your rights" approach. These people are likely not even volunteers, and perhaps could eve be targeted. The CIA isn't exactly against doing these kinds of things despite saying 'they're really sorry and they'll never do it again'.

This wreaks of testing the waters for forced blood tests. It'll be interesting to see what they do with this. The road to authoritarianism is always paved with good intentions.

8. Cuddles

Cuddles

pfff, I'd rather not waste gas and wait in line to volunteer, especially during an ongoing pandemic. If they want me to volunteer, they can show up at my door and ask just like census workers do, and just like the mail man does. Or what, do you comply any time a traffic officer asks to search your vehicle or do you tell him "I'd rather you didn't, I have somewhere to go"?

9. gaussian

gaussian

"Got a warrant?" is my usual response. They can only search if they have probable cause. Simply asking is not probable cause. If they want to tell me they will search my car - ain't much I can do about that except pull out my phone and start recording.

Now for my home, I'll just slam the door in their face until they bring a paper with a judges signature. Never had this happen, don't plan on it happening, but I take my personal security and privacy very seriously.

Never trust authority. Just like HR, the police aren't there for you and me. Police are trained to lie. Why would they need to do that if their job was as honest as they portray?

10. Cuddles

Cuddles

My point is you have government workers showing up at your door delivering mail or polling households, or stopping you & asking you questions. This is no different, except they're asking for blood to run a study.

#10     May 5, 2020