knives kill

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Crispy, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

Don't need a new one, just a few mods to the one we already have but aren't really using anymore.
    Absolutely GD right, a simple amendment to that affect would suffice.
    Misspelling I think, but how the fuck am I supposed to remember that now?

#31     Aug 2, 2012
  2. Ricter

Ricter

The principle underlying that is SO applicable elsewhere on this board.

#32     Aug 2, 2012
  3. Crispy

Crispy

Short answer - there is nothing a government can do. The worlds population is vast. And the actual percentage of people as a whole of population who commit such acts is extremely low. Banning anything wont work. Criminals do not follow laws. And the devious among us will always find a way. All you are doing is punishing the good people by removing freedoms. Human beings can be vile, disgusting and heartless. But the good far out number the bad. This is life on earth throughout recorded history. If its not an individual its a despotic government. In fact governments have committed more mass murder than any other labeled group.

The CO mass murder could have been prevented by alarms on the emergency exit doors. Psycho boy got up for a smoke break....jammed something in the EXIT door so he could come back in. Had an alarm been sounded and the lights went on immediately sending a crew to investigate the night may have never transpired the way it did. Or not as deadly as people could see what was happening.

I believe in the private sector for solutions. IF we ever get to a point in society, and I sure as hell hope we dont, where folks demand hyper security and safety in all ways you can bet your ass it will be the private sector who will provide this in a friendly compassionate manner. After all, they will have competition. Unlike the now infamous TSA goons.

As a people standing together we can demand immediate and harsh punishment for violent crimes. Eye for an eye comes to mind....they may commit a crime once. But then that vermin is gone forever.

#33     Aug 2, 2012
  4. So a ban on assault weapons, handguns and large magazines would not have prevented deaths in CO? The OP just continues the idiotic, non-thinking arguments of the gun nuts and the just plain stupid.

#34     Aug 2, 2012
  5. Crispy

Crispy

Do assault rifle bans in Mexico prevent the drug cartels from killing? Felons in the USA are prohibited from owning handguns, do they ever procure them? Shall I go on?
    ---------------------------------------------

I have done more critical thinking in the last 6 hours than you do in a year apparently.

#35     Aug 2, 2012
  6. You did not answer my question. Probably because you can't think that much.

#36     Aug 2, 2012
  7. Crispy

Crispy

I answered it. It just went over your rainbow clown wig covered head.

Clown...

#37     Aug 2, 2012
  8. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Don't mind futurecurrents. You have a reputation here for critical thinking and futurecurrents has a reputation for being dull-witted. Think of him as a composite ET member with the intellectual capacity of bigarrow, the charm of Brass and the honesty of RCG. :D

#38     Aug 2, 2012
  9. I slammed the fridge closed in disgust and my wife asked, "What the hell is wrong?"

I said, "The chicken's gone bad."

"So throw it out then," she replied

"Fucking sure I'm not. It's got a gun."

#39     Aug 2, 2012
  10. pspr

pspr

I can't vouch for the truthfulness of this, but a story I read explained that the reason we have dull, rounded knives at the dinner table is because there were too many people getting into arguments and killing each other with sharp knives at the dinner table centuries ago.

#40     Aug 2, 2012