knives kill

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Crispy, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

Liberals don't support swift or sever punishment.

You got a plan B?

#21     Aug 2, 2012
  2. BSAM

BSAM

Brother Crispy, I realize you started this thread as sarcasm due to all the recent talk of gun control because of the recent Colorado tragedy.
    But, what do you believe can be implemented to reduce the likelihood of such similar incidents in the future?

#22     Aug 2, 2012
  3. Ricter

Ricter

I will admit RCG's point on concealability, though a box cutter is even more concealable (of course you sacrifice reach with those), but in Canada it is not illegal to conceal a fixed blade knife.

#23     Aug 2, 2012
  4. Perhaps, after I cut myself a couple of times with a butterfly I let that go.

But a prosecutor would still ask, why would you need to be skilled with such an esoteric weapon as a butterfly?

#24     Aug 2, 2012
  5. BSAM

BSAM

New Constitution?
    Term limits?
    BTW---Is that "sever" a typo or a misspellan'?

#25     Aug 2, 2012
  6. Can't have box cutters either in some states.

#26     Aug 2, 2012
  7. Okay, that is a typo. See, Lukie, I'm fair:D

#27     Aug 2, 2012
  8. Ricter

Ricter

Hehe, first rule of learning the butterfly knife is: tape your blade. : )

Probably wouldn't admit this to a prosecutor, but opening a butterfly skillfully intimidates.

#28     Aug 2, 2012
  9. In the 80's, in black america, taping the blade was for sissies. I tried it, I tapped out. Switch blade was easier. That is, until I learned the Chicago Way.:D

Edit: Although, if I had less machismo, at that time, I might be able to use a butterfly today.:)

#29     Aug 2, 2012
  10. Brass

Brass

I don't see why not. These things can leave a tragic trail of hellish combovers in its wake.

#30     Aug 2, 2012