knives kill

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Crispy, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Ricter

Ricter

The butterfly knife is not banned, unless recently.

#11     Aug 2, 2012
  2. In some states they are. When I was a bad boy a long time ago, you could not hold a butterfly or a switch blade in Tennessee, for example.

I just looked it up, and it is still true today.

#12     Aug 2, 2012
  3. Ricter

Ricter

I may or may not have purchased some butterfly knives in the US years ago. They are banned completely in Canada, which is stupid, since a full tang double edged fighting knife of equal length, a deadlier knife, is completely legal to own and carry in Canada. Friggin safety sissies here.

#13     Aug 2, 2012
  4. not banned yet

[​IMG]

#14     Aug 2, 2012
  5. Crispy

Crispy

Butterlys are banned? Didnt know that.

I owned a butterfly and switchblade from my youth before they were banned and the blades are tiny. Measuring 5 inches or under. Hardly deadlier or easier to assuault with than a normal steak knife.

Wasnt a try, it was a pure win in pointing out that a fucking psycho will use anything they can get their hands on when they want to commit murder.

#15     Aug 2, 2012
  6. Whoa, SHOULD BE!

Don't you realize somebody could trim that comb down to a point and KILL EVERYBODY IN A THEATER WITH IT?

What are we thinking... to let such disregard for the well-being of all go without regulating ALL COMBS!

#16     Aug 2, 2012
  7. I think it is the concealed thingy.

A skilled user of a butterfly can have you gutted before you realize the individual had a blade.

I think that was the concern.

#17     Aug 2, 2012
  8. I get your point. If one wants to kill they can kill, and heaven help the victims if they are combat trained.

#18     Aug 2, 2012
  9. Ricter

Ricter

Their opinion is nonsense. I am a skilled user of butterfly knives, and even the simplest opening, the single flip, is slower (but not by much) then drawing a fixed blade. The "extra deadliness" of the butterfly knife is a creation of Hollywood, imo.

#19     Aug 2, 2012
  10. Crispy

Crispy

Yup.

The time it takes to withdraw the knife and open it is slower due to the extra step. A normal sheathed knife is much faster.

The bureaucrat who came up with the ban should have their brain put in a jar and filled with formaldehyde for posterity. As a lesson to future generations to use the brain you were born with.

#20     Aug 2, 2012