Knife Catcher's ES Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by knifecatcher, Apr 6, 2006.

1. Short at 1297.50. My last trade of the day.

#31     Apr 11, 2006
  2. Buy at 1296.75. Done for the day. I have to go to work.

Total -.25

#32     Apr 11, 2006
  3. Looks like the last trade would have worked out too which I have to close it early to go to work. Nothing goes my way today. I am not continuing with the journal because it took away some of my focus.

Good trading everybody.

#33     Apr 11, 2006
  4. You should keep maintaining this journal

So you can refrain yourself from making mistakes and looking stupid.

Best mentor around. Other people staring down your trades, you need to improve.

#34     Apr 11, 2006
  5. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

this can't be true. Posting here will make you a better trader and improve focus.

#35     Apr 11, 2006
  6. Another one bites the dust after 2 days. Keeping a Journal is extremely hard work...

#36     Apr 11, 2006
  7. I used to feel like I am in a quiet place when I trade well but this journal introduces some noise and I have to shut it off and kinda go autopilot. Maybe it takes some getting used to but I don't even feel like I am getting anything out of it.

#37     Apr 11, 2006
  8. Now you know your strategy sucks. Look at how many points you left on the table by trying to catch a bottom. Only if you went with the Trend?

#38     Apr 11, 2006
  9. Obviously you never even review my entries before you make the judgement. Most of them ARE trend entries. OK I don't need this. Last post to this thread.

#39     Apr 11, 2006
  10. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Why would you give up? Now consider the professional athlete that must endure endless scrutiny to perform his/her job in the public eye. They must focus and improve or they will wither. The ones who are successful use the public scrutiny to better themselves and see where they are erring. I suggest you continue the journal, open yourself up, be bold and learn.

#40     Apr 11, 2006