Kiss Your Job GoodBye

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by cstfx, Feb 15, 2009.

1. Hmmmm...it appears the donations that hedge funds and others gave to Obama and the democrats were in fact, a bad investment.

#12     Feb 15, 2009
  2. cstfx

cstfx

Dude, even tho this is an open forum, there is no place for these type of comments. This can bring undue scrutiny to this board and eventually yourself.

#13     Feb 15, 2009
  3. Just wait until he issues a transaction tax and increases the capital gains rate later in his term.

#14     Feb 15, 2009
  4. cstfx

cstfx

The cap-gains tax is a foregone conclusion at least back to 28%. I wouldn't be surprised if he/they index it to your tax rate.

#15     Feb 15, 2009
  5. Christ. Is there a country out there that's immune to this kind of stupidity?

#16     Feb 15, 2009
  6. I agree that the cap gains increase is a foregone conclusion. But the transaction tax isn't going to happen...

-Guru

#17     Feb 15, 2009
  7. It always amazes me when someone makes such a definite statement as you have just made. Especially when we all know you have literally no basis for having made it.

Here's what we know: the government has just spent, or is in the process of spending, trillions of dollars. That's trillions with a T. That expenditure is in fact going to be paid for by higher taxes...that you can count on.

Now, what form will this higher tax take? None of us, including you, knows. But one thing for sure is that the idea of a transaction tax will naturally arise, because it is a tax that can be levied on an unpopular constituency. You think there will be a hue and cry against this tax from the public?

Rather than to assure us all that this tax will never happen, I suggest to you that we all better be vigilant, and proactive in fighting any suggestion of this tax. The danger is that we all sit back, content in the knowledge that you have assurred us this will never happen, until one day it appears attached to a bill, and IS passed. Don't let complacency arise through ill-founded assurances that "no way there will ever be a transaction tax".

#18     Feb 16, 2009
  8. gkishot

gkishot

How can we do that? This is the end of daytrading and the end of capitalism.

#19     Feb 16, 2009
  9. I hope they learned something.

#20     Feb 16, 2009