KISS (Keep it simple stupid) ... but make sure you still have an edge

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by alex.samant, Jun 4, 2007.

1. TheSaint

TheSaint

Sure, I am still interested.

I’ll follow that thread and your evolution.

#31     Mar 10, 2018
    expiated likes this.
  2. expiated

expiated

ScreenHunter_7365 Mar. 14 07.28.jpg

Actually, it’s called the multiple simple moving average envelope Forex trading strategy.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
    #32     Mar 14, 2018
    TheSaint likes this.
  3. TheSaint

TheSaint

Well done!

#33     Mar 14, 2018
    expiated likes this.
  4. expiated

expiated

sample.png

Even with the fatal mistakes that were made as part of the trial-and-error process of learning how to get the most out of what I sincerely hope were the final touches required by the “high frequency trade” version of my multiple simple moving average envelope Forex trading system and a mediocre 59% success rate, I still managed to eke out a profit in my JFD demo account.

ScreenHunter_7366 Mar. 14 11.19.jpg

I’m therefore optimistic that I’ll be able to do the same in my OANDA live trading account starting tomorrow and begin digging my way out of the hole I’m in from there.

ScreenHunter_7367 Mar. 14 11.38.jpg

#34     Mar 14, 2018
  5. TheSaint

TheSaint

Now I am really confused... 59% is less than mediocre success rate and not in accordance with your previous expectations. Or am I mistaken?

#35     Mar 14, 2018
  6. TheSaint

TheSaint

I hope I will have enough time to finish until the end of the next week testing my own signal, based on MA, MACD, ENVELOPE, RSI and Stochastic. I will post all details then.

#36     Mar 14, 2018
  7. expiated

expiated

I don’t recall to what previous expectations you are referring, but when used in a particular manner, my system consistently yields a daily success rate of from 80% to 100%, and anything less than 80% I find unacceptable, though 90%+ is more like what I’m shooting for. This screen shot from my demo account at the end of January shows the kind of results I genuinely expect once this version of my system is fully developed...

ScreenHunter_7371 Mar. 15 08.14.jpg

#37     Mar 15, 2018
    TheSaint likes this.
  8. TheSaint

TheSaint

Nice! What do you mean by “used in a particular manner”?

#38     Mar 15, 2018
  9. expiated

expiated

For example, one approach to using the system is to only enter trades when certain thresholds are met in terms of how far price has distanced itself away from the daily open AND away from the day-of-day trend line.

Once these two thresholds are met, trades can be executed upon confirmation of a valid reversal back toward the day-to-day trend line and/or daily open.

Typically every trade made using this version of the system will be successful, but there are likely to be only about three trades made per day at the most, with some days resulting in no trades executed at all.

#39     Mar 15, 2018
    TheSaint likes this.
  10. TheSaint

TheSaint

Even so, I find it great if it realy works!

#40     Mar 15, 2018