Kiplinger Busts Hotel Seminar Trading Riches: OnlineTradingAcademy, BetterTrades, etc

Discussion in 'Trading' started by TraderZones, Feb 18, 2010.

1. Interesting article, thanks for posting.

It's shocking that people are willing to shell out over $4000 for training materials. Wouldn't that be the most obvious common sense red flag...

#11     Feb 18, 2010
  2. Hmm - maybe THAT is why their students don't make money, OTA uses the wrong cliches... :D

#12     Feb 18, 2010
  3. wst

wst

Exactly, why would you be selling that shit, then you could make millions while being massaged by nude ladies while drinking scotch and smoking cigars.

Beware of pikers peddling wares

#13     Feb 19, 2010
  4. In your opinion/experience, was there any you came across that seemed to be worth the investment?

Anyone else out there know of a good one?

#14     Feb 19, 2010
  5. Smoking cigars and drinking scotch would be the last thing on my mind...:D

#15     Feb 19, 2010
  6. Not to be an asshole, but what's so good about those three? And what are the many other excellent sources?

Looks to me they all perpetuate the betting and predicting model and speak using the same language of "setups," "stop loss," "r/r ratios," "discipline," "money management", etc., that has become the standard way of communicating about how to extract from the markets.

I might be overly cynical but I don't think it's possible to get to "expert" from taking courses offered by vendors. But I haven't seen everything out there so what do I know.

P.S. Missed you at the Vegas Expo Meetup.

#16     Feb 19, 2010

7. heavens, i concur with you Mr. Hershey. I am quite surprised!

best,

SonyE

#17     Feb 19, 2010
  8. "WITH MY AMAZING SYSTEM YOU TOOO CAN MAKE MILLIONS"

"CHANNELING STOCKS.COM BOB"

ETC.

This shite never ends and the fools that are not "Wealthy" are sucked in to the dream of SUCCESS AND GREED.

Same shit with the Mortage scam....you can make 20k a year but own a million dollar home, just FLIP IT.

The concept has been around since "Snake Oil Salesmen" and the GOLD RUSH of fools.

any fool who falls for this type of "GET RICH NOW!" shit deserves to loose his money.

But then again, those of us in the top tax bracket end up paying through the noise for the FOOLS who loose their money........just like we are paying for those fucking idiots who couldn't hold on to their OVER INFLATED HOME!!!!!!!

Next year, 38% tax bracket heading to 41% and add state tax into that....could be near 50% for those who bust their asses, take risk and make money.

Gee go figuer,, the Hard working wealthy american's have to carry the rest of the schleprocks of this country.....

#18     Feb 19, 2010
  9. Further evidence that Jack reigns as the master paper trader of ET...

This was a recently published photo of Jack's trading workstation...

[​IMG]

The "1, 2, 3" keys are for #contracts. The "A, B, C" keys were a problem for Jack, so he reprogrammed them as "nAptime, Buy, Cell"

#19     Feb 19, 2010
  10. They all are deductively based, in my opinion. Here is the Studs Terkel version.

What I like about Netto is his semper fi sniper experience orientation and his degrees from Asian universities. He is a consumate poker player and can really call the sports line in college football. His chioce of cars is coool too. As you know Marine snipers do not gamble. They are even frugal with bullets.

He trades using P,V and a version of the P, V relationship. He is FULLY automated as well and has a deep relationship with his programming team. He trades multi-markets and has an FA/TA arrangement built into his ATS's The net effect is that he is oriented to differentiating the minds of his clients. The BIG DEAL with John is that he listens and has the neatest hand signals for calling trades in live action. His all in, all the time is an orientation that comes from his fully differentiated mind.

Tim is cool. He has a pencil welded to his hand and has the best preflight check I know of. He still hand plots for a great reason; it absolutlely connects and calibrates his mind to allow unconscious competence. There is NO question he cannot answer without hesitation and he always, then corrects the question to the proper question. He likes to eat good food and enjoys conversation about his personal enviroment and your environment. He does the NY minute thing on anyone who is allowed to get through to him. Tim is an expert listener and nothing he hears affects anything he is doing Tim began with deduction and never did the induction thing at any point as far as I know. People buy his skills all the time in any market.

When going "outside" he talks in terms of the trade as is the custom of champion traders. Deductive solutions are measured the same way inductive solutions are measured. If you listen to him, you find out he is satisfying clients on THEIR turf. They have NO idea of his personal off the record skills and abilities. He considers himself to be opaque to the uninformed. The person who asked the Q apparently needed to know more than he knew.

Tom is very swift. He is among the no BS swiftest. He can tune to a person like an X37 Head laminated test ski. It will be like a two headed person is trading when he is glued to you in a market. Maybe he invented slo motion for the interrelationship of markets and instruments. He has never been nailed to the ground however and he may not like the learning pace of someone who is oreinted to being right when Tom is always right because of his "market" orientation. Basics are not Tom's bag. They are too far behind in his path. Tom only teaches "bagging" after he teaches "opportunity seeking" Being a hunter is one thing but after that it is "warrior" time. The concept of losing is just a glitch that happens when he is wringing out the market.

Vis a vis, Vegas, I spent four months prepping for those two hours. I LOVE trading and how it works. Right now I'm having my eyes replaced piece by piece and layer by layer. Thank God, I have sensitive mice and lock on gridding (just kidding).

Building a differentiated mind is what traders need. Effectivenss and Efficiency is the natural outgrowth of a tight relationship with the market.

The meetings are such rewarding experiences, I know. It is so neat that people come from all over the world and hey are helping others all over the world. Liz is really locked into cirque du soliel and we can probably find a canister to put me in for travel and be'ing in groups in the future. I keep buying neat clothes... lol...

By having the priviledge of being around with those noted above; it really keeps the wheels spinning on how expertise all comes down to partnering fully with the markets where the mind is fully differentiated. Why people pass up any of the spectrum of ways to get there is beyond me. I know that a lot of people get to the point of irreversable damage, but at one point before they made those personal damaging decisions, they did have the chance to get "differentiated"as John, Tim, Tom, and all those who are providers (Todd and the PhD's, etc).

There will be recognition of the paradigm shift these people's methods represent. Those that are limited to CW and associated type contracts, get what they percive is possible. Kiplinger's just has staffing that is limited apparently. No ability to research is common in the financial industry. I can't imagine how it would be if editors and producers knew what they were doing. I mentioned how greenspan, summers and Rubin "put down" Ms Born for 10 years. She quit and then they admitted she was right and they wee wrong. So it goes. Now the world culture has to dig out from this sophomoric era. It is very important to have immunity from this crap that has gone on.

for over 50 years, to my knowledge nothing has changed in how markets work. the electronic era beginning just changed some defaults and coefficients. ET is all the way up to 97-03, that is only 7 years behind and 10,000 characters can get through the filter. It is so neat to see the members who cannot handle much info at a time.

Trading is like driving a car and people can't undrstand flipping coins does not apply to trading. HMMMM.... Here comes an intersection; I think I'll flip a coin. No, I'll read Kipplinger's or watch Cramer.....

#20     Feb 19, 2010