King Obama: The Fall

Discussion in 'Politics' started by gwb-trading, May 3, 2013.

1. :D :D :D :D

#41     May 6, 2013
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

Huh?

#42     May 6, 2013
  3. I was talking an actual trader, not to you. No wonder you don't get it. Now wipe that drool off your chin and close your mouth.

#43     May 7, 2013
  4. You certainly are.:)

#44     May 7, 2013
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

Why? You're not an actual trader.

#45     May 7, 2013

6. How the hell do you do that without infinitely devaluing the currency?

It makes more sense to outright default rather than print until the outstanding debt approaches zero.

Problem is, even outright default won't solve our fiscal problem.

Fucking AA economics smoking dreams of printing your way to wealth ,
    Funny how you ignored the rest of the post. Any particular reason you ignored my question and tried to play "I'm rubber your glue whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you".

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    btw:The second chart explains why all the hand wringing about blacks being unfairly diagnosed as needing special ed is AN EXPECTED OUTCOME.

#46     May 7, 2013

7. Flooding the world with money is the last act of desperate failing governments. Japan is an economic powderkeg with what is now 240% debt to GDP.........US is next in line .

#47     May 7, 2013
  8. I have to agree. Events leading up to BSC then Lehman et al, the situation looked like "everyone is broke" I wondered what will we do? Being an amatuer I had no clue the Fed would just print to infinity and here we are a 15k market among other things, happy days are here again.

Going forward, boomers have assets, retiring boomers cash out, spend down to zero probably double digit trillions. Spending down any inheritance of whatever their parents had too.

Stay tuned for when the last boomer heads off to the nursing home, broke, alone, in the rain.:D

#48     May 7, 2013
  9. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

What?

Trade balance with who? If you mean Japan, then weakening the dollar and the yen will do nothing to the trade balance, as if the trade balance with Japan even matters at all anyway.

If you mean China, where the trade balance IS a concern, then weakening of the dollar and yen will do nothing because the Yuan is pegged to the dollar.

So what is it you are trying to say again?

#49     May 7, 2013
  10. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

You can't. There's no way to print the debt away without killing the currency. Even if you use the silly argument RCG is trying to make about other currencies devaluing in order to prevent a dollar rout, the problem of inflation actually gets worse, not better. True, the dollar relevant to other similarly devalued currencies stays pretty much the same, but to ignore the massive and utter tsunami of liquidity that will have to find it's way into commodities and other asset markets is folly. Raw materials will go through the stratosphere, and input costs will kill business, throw prices into orbit and consumers into a tail spin. Those living on fixed income would be crushed. Anyone with savings would experience something akin to Russia's ruble devaluation in the 90s. It would be complete madness.

If you could print the debt away with no consequences, don't you think it would have been done hundreds of times before now in countries all over the world?

#50     May 7, 2013