King Bush speaks

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by mgookin, Oct 7, 2008.

1. cuz69

cuz69

IMO this is an excellent trading market. The volatility is awesome, if thats your style.

This is truly a traders market!

As far as investing, scaling in now wouldn't be bad. Buffet is doing it. And I think we are nearing a bottom. Certainly for some stocks.
    Everything is relatively cheap, so if long term is your thing, you are getting a good price.

Swing trading right now is dangerous, I feel.

And those are my opinions, not that anyone cares.

#31     Oct 7, 2008
  2. IMO, you're right bro. :)

Hope you enjoyed Chi-town!

#32     Oct 7, 2008
  3. piezoe

piezoe

Pabst, god knows your my hero, so i wish you'd find a word other than "Fractal". It's too Jack like and consequently makes me want to vomit.

#33     Oct 7, 2008
  4. cuz69

cuz69

I knew you would pardna...LOL
    Great minds think alike!

Yeah it was awesome, had a nice time. Only wish I could have stayed longet to see more. But saw alot in a short time.

But hey, now I gotta reason to go there. Since I knows people. Hint Hint.

#34     Oct 7, 2008
  5. :D :D

I've gotta word/phrase. Need to trademark it.

#35     Oct 7, 2008
  6. nkhoi

nkhoi

[​IMG]

#36     Oct 7, 2008
  7. Because Greenspan himself is admitting that he made 'mistakes'.

Wrong For 40 Years:
    "Mr Waxman went further, however, and asked the former Fed chief whether he was wrong about the benefits of deregulation, to which Mr Greenspan responded "partially."
    He went to admit that the "flaw" in the assumptions he used over the past 40 years were that banks and other financial institutions were best able to protect the interest of their shareholders."
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...akes-in-once-in-a-century-credit-tsunami.html

A Testament of Profound Incompetance:
    Greenspan said he was aware of “subprime” lending practices where homebuyers got very low initial rates only to see them later jacked up, causing severe payment shock.

“While I was aware a lot of these practices were going on, I had no notion of how significant they had become until very late,” he said a CBS “60 Minutes” interview to be broadcast Sunday. “I really didn’t get it until very late in 2005 and 2006,” Greenspan said.
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20759709/

Short Quiz
    Do people who have contributed to the creation of a damaging public crisis generally:
    A) Accept their full share of culpability by relating their mistakes in a forthright manner.
    B) Attempt to explain away some portion (or all) of their culpability by understating the magnitude of their errors.

Robert Frost would undoubtedly be disappointed by Greenspan's choice of Path B.
    http://www.bartleby.com/104/67.html

#37     Oct 26, 2008
  8. You are not wrong....as the same globalist wealth entities that spanked greenies a$$ when they wanted him to jump are the same damn ones that are spanking waxies (and barney's.....no visuals please)!!! :eek:

:D

"Just the facts maam.....just the facts!"

#38     Oct 26, 2008
  9. When 'our' amazing government decided to change the rules for loan qualifications in 1995 to 'help the poor' afford homes they would otherwise not be able to afford (rewriting the community reinvestment act) they in effect created an equity buildup avalanche, which in turn created a completely bogus economy that finally burst 13 years later.

An economy build on 'forged paper' not 'real incomes'.

Why would Greenspan, the master economist, not ask himself a very basic simple question. Why did we have two market bubbles in less than 10 years? Where did all the money come from?

Of all the people to blame for this mess, he is the most responsible, because he is the one who knew the most.(presumably)

#39     Oct 26, 2008
  10. maxpi

maxpi

Clearly Clinton's policy of free housing for "redlined" districts started the whole mudslide. Does anybody recall the news propaganda about redlining in black neighborhoods being racism by banks? I remember them because I hate irrational shit like that. Clinton FORCED the lenders to make bad loans so they did and they learned how to sell off the risk and make billions doing it.... Republicans made some efforts to steer the lending practices of the country back to a sane course and were unable, they have to spend enormous political capital to say "good morning" so there is nothing left for "let's get real here"... now the blame is being placed ANYWHERE / EVERYWHERE but on Clinton and the left's irrational approach to politics..

#40     Oct 26, 2008