Kinematics, Calculus, and other higher maths

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by pound_sterling, May 22, 2006.

1. 99, some people will never understand the phrase, "Respond to the Market". The reason is they think it means to predict. They can not wrap their brain around anything other than probabilities or statistics to sway the outcomes of their trading.

I've learned, the hard way, that ignorance is bliss and there are a great number of rapturous traders here on ET. It's best to leave them sit peacefully than to disturb their house of cards.

There are a few that I like to poke occasionally though. It's fun to watch them spew.

:D

#51     May 27, 2006
  2. At times visiting ET is like visiting another planet.

I have no idea if any of you speak my language but here goes.

I use simple inferential statistics

I trade a set of specific markets

Since I have been doing this, I have been profitable to such a degree that I haven't had to look elsewhere.

Good luck with your search spacemen.

Steve

#52     May 27, 2006
  3. toc

toc

"I trade for a living and being harassed in a hostle closed minded environment isn't my idea of a productive use of my time"

You are one very shameless creature!

#53     May 27, 2006
  4. toc

toc

'I use simple inferential statistics'

Would you care to explain this in a layman lauguage. Thanks!

#54     May 27, 2006
  5. You are your own comedy central.

#55     May 27, 2006
  6. toc

toc

'You are your own comedy central.'

Better be a comedy central than be a 'crooked chone-chim-kum' like you. :D :D :D :D :D :D

#56     May 27, 2006
  7. You mean you can't be bothered to look up the phrase
    "inferential statistics"?

The use of statistics to make inferences concerning some unknown aspect of a sample population.

Do you know what "inference" is or do I need to open a 12 oz can of verbal whoop-ass on you?

You DO realize that I'm just kidding right?

Good luck,
    Steve

#57     May 27, 2006
  8. I find it amazing that this guy (Proflogic / Bill Schamp / Charlie DOW) is so persistent, it is not the first time he mentioned he was not going to reply / come back yet he does.

I also discovered that he merely ripped off someone else's system and "repackaged" it as being his own "holy grail". Then he has the nerve to "patent" the settings.

As they say: "He who knows, does. He who does not know, teaches".

But just like, as with some other "gurus", there is always the flock of <fill in the blank> who are not very objective and live on hope and keep on spending money on the "guru's" seminar's and get-together's without seeing any proof.

I think it was Einstein who was reputed to have said: "I do not know if the universe is endless or if there is an boundery. But I know human stupidity is endless."

Ah well, perhaps we should be gratefull for these snakeoil people bringing the goats to the markets with promises of riches. The money getting into our pockets has to come from somewhere.

Maria

#58     May 28, 2006
  9. You may be surpisrised to discover that Jesse Livermore's methods work very well in today's market. But you have to understand the mindset of the man and how he filtered his trades. And some of this stuff is only partly referred to in his books. Once you know how to trade then you see the obvious in his writings that you have missed all the time.

He coined the phrase (something along the lines of): "once you know how to trade you'll make the millions easier than you did earning the hundreds when you were still learning"

I chcuckle about the games that the banks are up to with their figuring out who is on the opposite side of their trades (see the CME / CBOT shat upon thread), much of the same bucketshop tactics they used in the old days. There ain't much new under the sun, least of all in trading. After all it is the oldest profession.

Sounds to me that most of the guys here are still trying to make the hundreds.

Maria, over and out

#59     May 28, 2006
  10. oh, so you've made the millions huh? good1 if u did..

about livermore, i love the guy.. i admit i actuallllyyyyyyyyy haven't fully read his Reminiscence! i know i know i should just shut up.. ill try to finish it when im done with exams..

its so difficult to tel wot the f is actually goin on in the tradin world with all this new tech.. ill try n find that cbot thread..

btw survivor have u read Stock Market Operators by George Redmond, u might like iit.. it covers the following

James R. Keene
    Jay Gould
    Bernard M. Baruch
    Thomas W. Lawson
    John W. Gates
    Roswell P. Flower
    Thomas F. Ryan
    Henry H. Rodgers
    Jesse L. Livermore
    Russell Sage
    William B. Thompson
    Stephen V. White