Kim Klaiman's Steady Options

Discussion in 'Options' started by Johnmaine, Aug 1, 2018.

1. I have read really good things about Kim Klaiman's Steady Options. For example - http://blog.mdwoptions.com/options_for_rookies/take-advisory-service/. However Wolfinger's blog post about them reads like an advertisement and doesn't give an honest assessment. Toward the end he writes "All subscriptions include a 10 day free trial. Click here to start your free trial. Full disclosure: I do receiver a referral fee for new subscribers (please use this link)". So the entire narrative is just plain advertising and cannot be trusted. It erodes my opinion about Wolfinger himself.

My personal experience with Kim Klaiman's Steady Options is that they seem to be seriously lacking in transparency, openness and forthrightness. I asked and asked them for their former trades but they never revealed anything. They didn't have to share 2018 materials - they could have shared their 2015 trades. You really shouldn't even have to ask for such materials! They should be openly disclosed by a company that stands behind their actions.

It bothers me that individuals like Wolfinger and other websites give Kim Klaiman's Steady Options a positive evaluation when the field should come down very harshly on them for refusing to reveal their former trades. As far as I am concerned, Kim Klaiman's Steady Options is even lower than the very iffy and disreputed Dr. Singh who at least reveals his trades openly.

Yoddle_Trader likes this.
  2. Adam777

Adam777

I've been looking into Kim's website as well - just to learn and get me started.

If you look at the performance page of his website it shows his performance stats from 2011-2018, plus every trade with the ticker, entry and exit date, and the strategy used. The page gets updated often. He's got the basic strategy's on the public side of the site, and in the forum it mentions the strategy's are revealed more in depth on the private side of his forum. I'm surprised he's revealing his strategy's, which means it's more than just a paid signal service. I really am ok in paying for things as you usually do get what you pay for.

3. smallfil

smallfil

If your goal is to be a better trader, you are better off learning on your own. Nobody is going to give you their secret sauce. I have probably, spent over $10,000 on seminars, DVDs, books, etc. teaching myself how to trade. It would be easier to have a mentor obviously, but, if you do not have a mentor, you have to do it yourself! You Tube is full of videos on stock trading for free. I keep an open mind and look at others how they approach the stockmarket. You take the best ideas you find and then, backtest it! Not everything you learn, you will use because we all have our biases, likes and dislikes. Learning the mechanics of trading is pretty easy to learn. It is the nuances that make a difference whether you become a good trader or just a mediocre one! Risk management, trading journal, learning to read a stockchart, timing your entries and exits all matter in the greater scheme of things! Since, you are a woman, you might be inspired by See Jane Trade (she is on Twitter). Check her out, she is a successful day trader but, her picks are relatively cheap for the subscription if you wish to try that route.
    She uses Trade Ideas (another service that charges you to use its powerful scanner) to generate picks.

4. @Johnmaine All our trades are listed on the performance page going back to 2011, winners and losers. Our performance is based on real fills, not hypothetical performance or "profit potential" like some other sites. The strategies are clearly described on the public area of the website. It doesn't get any more transparent than that.

Wolfinger is one of the most honest people I know. He would never endorse anything he doesn't believe in. If you believe otherwise, try to offer him referral fees for endorsing another website and see his response.

Our contributors team includes some of the most trusted names in the industry, like Ophir Gottlieb, Michael C. Thomsett, Steve Burns, Gavin McMaster, Bill Luby, Michael Lebowitz, Ken Reel and more.

vanzandt and tommcginnis like this.
  5. Nobody is going to give you their secret sauce because there is NO secret sauce. There are NO secret strategies. It's just hard work, a lot of discipline, risk management and backtesting. This is our "secret sauce".

SteadyOptions is not for everyone, but we helped thousands of people to become better traders. Is it worth the cost? That's for you to decide.

vanzandt likes this.
  6. smallfil

smallfil

Every good trader has their secret sauce, it is called the "edge". I probably, have attended so many seminars, some from snake oil salesmen who are not even traders. Others from traders talking generalities. Some selling their black box software which is supposed to give you their winners. I have read a lot of books too from other traders who are good. Let us get real, they will not share their method because reality is, you will be competing against them! Traders are competing against each other! That is the reality of it!

7. Secret sauce and edge are not the same.

Secret sauce is what you mentioned - some vague black box software or "proprietary strategies" that cannot lose.

The edge is taking well known strategies and tweak them so they work for you, fit your trading style and risk tolerance.

As an example, tastytrade continuously claim that the only way to make money is selling options premium. They did dozens of "studies" proving that buying straddles before earnings doesn't work. But we show month after month that it does. Not with academic studies, but with real trades. And in fact, both of us are right. They take random stocks and buy straddles at random times at random prices. We tweaked the process, by carefully selecting the stocks and the timing. Is it "secret sauce"? No. There is nothing "secret" about it. Is it an edge? Absolutely!

8. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

I'm going to quickly jump in. I would define:

Edge = Anything that increases your odds of success to be consistently profitable.
    Secret sauce = The private metrics, analytics, data set that you have access to that if you share it, would provide the ability for others to copy your trading.

fan27 and Kim Klaiman like this.
  9. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

ET of late has reverted to a hive of BSD wannabees, who rip others' trades/trading, but don't actually post *content* themselves. There are half-a-dozen exceptions, of which Robert Morse and Kim Klaiman are two. I am not sure, however, how long either of them (or any of us) will care to have their names/professional mien associated with crude, crass, incivility -- that's money out of their (our) pockets.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
    ablanco, Kim Klaiman and vanzandt like this.
  10. Absolutely not true! Nothing that can be independently verified is posted. For example the 2011 data merely says "ARUN strangle" but even the strike prices aren't mentioned. Nothing about your trades can be independently verified. I think you do good Marketing and are an expert with affiliate marketing and publicity, but you aren't transparent and open. These are 2011 trades and one shouldn't have to ASK you for verifiable information.

#10     Aug 1, 2018