Killing People Like Soros: Kosher?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Pa(b)st Prime, Oct 8, 2008.

1. #41     Oct 9, 2008
  2. So do republicans, conservatives, and any political group of any stripe, with the possible logical exception of the libertarians.

Power is diffused in this country well beyond the coasts. There is truth to whoring in Washington and the state capitols this in many cases.

Ahh, shut the fuck up!
    Just kidding.

Frankly, I felt that McCain wanted to walk over and clock Obama in that town hall debate. Further, I got the sense that he felt it below him to actually appeal to voters to get into the WH.

That is a radical notion. But I beleive that political behavior arises from the culture. If we are truly so different and estranged from one another, the type of fundamental constitutional structural changes you suggest will in effect create several nations.

Frankly, I live in and around NYC. I would love not to have to underwrite the poor in different states, like Mississippi, Alaska, and many other Red states. In fact, I'd like to jettison the rest of New York State, which is chock full of retards and inbreds and sucks out the lion's share of tax revenue from Albany, per capita, per tax paid. I think NYC should secede from NYS. . Further, just manhattan. Screw the other boroughs. We could pave the streets with gold. Maybe you are onto something after all, AAA!

#42     Oct 9, 2008

3. You have just recognized the solution.... it begins on message boards and in everyday life with everyone who has any ability to reason and think in a rational manner. Mutual respect even when we strongly disagree!!

What is the hallmark of any great and benevolent leader? In my view it is among other things primarily the ability to lead by example, to tolerate ambiguity with steadfast patience in order to accomplish the greater good, to walk the talk and thereby inspire others to follow and to sacrifice to achieve a higher value.

It begins with me and you. It begins with self-reflection on our dogma and ideoligies; with acceptance that there may indeed, and often is, more than one way to reach a common goal. It means being less neurotic and recgonizing that one and one does indeed equal two for most sane and stable humans.

The only time that is not perceived as true is when our egos override our higher intellect and our hearts!

This Country is a 'team' and everyone is on it. Some people forget that in their zeal to be "right" rather than fair... !

#43     Oct 9, 2008
  4. sho-tim

sho-tim

" Killing People Like Soros: Kosher? "

Certainly not on Yom Kippur.

#44     Oct 9, 2008
  5. Hey great post. America just want wants wants. Gone are the days of "asking what you can do for your country"

#45     Oct 9, 2008
  6. Better get started on that soon.

#46     Oct 9, 2008