Killing People Like Soros: Kosher?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Pa(b)st Prime, Oct 8, 2008.

1. I'd consider the irony that within a few years of warring in Afghanistan the U.S.S.R. was a memory.....

#11     Oct 8, 2008
  2. True, but surely you cant be comparing the USSR then, with the US now.

#12     Oct 8, 2008
  3. sho-tim

sho-tim

I was just hit last night by a liberal parroting the similar insult about conservatives wanting to " have it all and make our grandchildren pay".

I like your take, and I also have another one. As I showed on another thread this morning, the bottom half pay three percent of our tax revenues. Since the poor are the ones who want all the benefits of gov't largess, I told him that it is just as true, if not more true, that they are the ones who are guilty of the "get what I want and make someone else pay for it" mentality.

I wish some politician had the cojones to get in front of a microphone on tv and say so.

#13     Oct 8, 2008
  4. Great point. I noticed last night Obama was careful to say that "95% of those who pay taxes will see a reduction." His ORIGINAL tax proposal contained a perma-"stimulus check" to filers who had no Federal tax liability. Pretty tough to cut someone below zero.

McCain is just a HORRIBLE debater. He should have pointed out that just like many middle income investors-the rich too have seen MASSIVE dilution in asset value-and reliance on the Michael Dell's and Michael Moore's of the world to fill in the budget blanks will be increasingly futile. No one in their right mind thinks the average exec comp or NBA salary will be as high in 2010 as it was yesterday.

#14     Oct 8, 2008
  5. If we go into a year or two of hyperinflation like I think we might I wonder how many will die in the US, or at least get really constipated from eating the government cheese...

#15     Oct 8, 2008

6. Obama is not that great either. I find myself shouting at the TV :(. Oh and you are right about the rich seeing their investments drop. However, its not like they are wondering where their house payments for the next 8 months are going to come from. Everybody has felt the affects, but to equate the rich's problems with that of the middle class does not work.

#16     Oct 8, 2008
  7. Pabst,

Your line of thought in today's age is much too parochial and narrow. There are some people I know (wink) that have already seceded from the American Experiment along ago. They've investing and placed their asset in all four corners of the globe. They've obtained multiple passports. And they have multiple domiciles for business and multiple abodes for pleasure. They are Sovereign…as was intended by the founders. They have a mild interest in American politics and they have a mild interest in global politics. They have virtually seceded in all aspects of their lives except physically …yet with one flight or one boat ride they physically secede as well.

However, for the remainder of time that I’m physically here you are welcome come up here at 6000ft with my 60 mile view and multiple snipers nests when the plan goes in to effect to separate America into “autonomous governing zones.” And then we’ll take shots at those crazed commy Kalifornian’s trying to sneak into the “Nevada Autonomous Region.” Those fuckers.

:D

#17     Oct 8, 2008
  8. Your coolest post ever bro!

#18     Oct 8, 2008
  9. Nice to see that alternative thinking is doing very well. That makes sure that ideas and suggestions never dry up.
    :)

#19     Oct 8, 2008
  10. Gringho I often don't agree with you but you remind me of my Jesuit instructors. NO subject was taboo for argument and I learned A LOT from opposing, well reasoned, logically presented view points. I so dig intellectual revolutionaries like yourself. Unfortunately once I get beyond your lines about trust and technology my academic shortcomings shine through. :)

#20     Oct 8, 2008